The Mercure brand conjures up many different pictures for travellers, but this one is a cracker. The old station hotel is a little oasis in the centre of the town which retains real connections to its history and maintains a lovely old-world feel. The decor is well looked after and the lounge space in the bar is really excellent. I love the way that you can access both the station concourse and the city centre from either end of the reception area.
The staff are friendly, the food and drink are reasonably priced and the room that we had was clean and well presented. The bed was very comfortable. My only two complaints would be that there was no air-conditioning in the room, which was significant during our visit as the temperature exceeded 26 Degrees Centigrade (Celcius) 79 Degrees Fahrenheit, and the buffet breakfast was low on choice.
Apart from that, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted to be in the centre of Hull and to be able to escape back to a little oasis of calm and tranquility quickly. It is literally in the centre of the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull