“Steve, Australia”

Travelodge Hull Central
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Me and my son have just stayed in this hotel and to be very honest i was suprised at the quality it offered and the price was very reasonable it ticked all of the boxes for us and was of a very high standard, in particular the staff could not do enough and was very helpfull all of the time nothing was too hard for them they made the stay all the better,we will be returning to hull soon and will be staying there once again,thanks guys,especially on the front desk

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 May 2014

An excellent hassle-free stay in very clean room. Lovely reception staff. Its a little noisy being on a main road but on the whole very good and excellent value for money. Breakfast very efficient in a bright clean room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was a reasonably long term resident (4.5 weeks) on business in the city, the Hotel was very clean, compact and friendly, the staff made what was a very boring time between sleep and work sociable.

The rooms are of a high standard, clean and well appointed, desk / table with a small kettle, coffee, tea, milk and sugar available, very comfortable beds, longside a compact shower "pod" consiting of a walk in shower, washbasin, and wc, my only issues with the facilities has been the possibility of the plug to stick, and soaking the floor when you catch the shower curtain.

Situated within walking distance of Paragon station and handy for the amenities of the city center (its a very short walk to an ATM) with places to eat out, the cinemas and other attractions (which I wasn't able to access the majority of working a standard 9-5).

With this hotel being a central location there is invariably some street sounds , this is nothing major, except for my personal gribble, the delivery to Farm Foods across the road from the location, it can be startlingly noisy early in the morning.

Plus points:
Friendly sociable staff (Allan, Lizzie, Cassie, Eric and James in particular).
Central location.
Easy to find
Clean, tidy.
ease of access to transport links and amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stopped here whilst I was doing a course at the local hospital. Travelodge I must say have gone very minimal and tight nowadays from what they used to be but cant complain you get what you pay for! Very clean room, lovely bed very comfy, shower gel provided aswell as tea and coffee but as normal not much milk so if you like milky drinks theres an issue but I find this at every travelodge I do like milky drinks and normally use 6 of those little milk things and you always get the bare minimum an I have to buy my own milk. Thats not a moan as such its just the way it is. Nice clean towels everywhere spotless, lots of hot water tv worked fine and staff as normal excellant with how they treat customers. Would I stay here again yes I would.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

we started off booking just one night but when saw how good the location and the size, cleanliness of the room extended the stay to four nights we were up for a funeral (not the best reason to visit) the staff very helpful ,pleasant the price was very good indeed excellent value would not hesitate to stay there again

Room Tip: family room top floor end of corridor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Paid a decent price with a tenner extra to check in early. Rooms just the right size and very clean. The bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in. Only pain was the parking but being in the centre of town, it's expected. Very close to town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I was meant to stay here the night before my university interview. I phoned in telling the hotel I would be booking in late and they confirmed they would keep my room for me coming. I was disgusted when I came to find that they had given out all of their rooms when I had traveled 3 hours late at night to get there. The staff were friendly apologetic and helpful. They offered me a free drink due to my troubles and they personally sorted out another hotel for me to stay at. After finding me another hotel to stay at they also refunded all my money, this took about 45 minutes and did not get booked into the other hotel till 12am and I needed to be up at 7am for my interview at 8:30am. I knew of the terms and policies of the hotel so I did phone in to ask if my late arrival would be OK, so I should not have not been confirmed a room would be available for me to stay in due to my late arrival

Stayed: January 2014