“Not the best meal I've eaten recently”
Review of Bob Carver's

Bob Carver's
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate in the upstairs restaurant. It was almost empty late lunchtime and the waitress said she had had few customers. Service was good and tea arrived very quickly. We had one haddock meal and one pensioners smaller version. I have to say mine(the pensioners) was almost tasteless. I have seen comments about greasy chips well ours were almost tasteless chips. The batter on the fish was good as were the mushy peas but the fish was not particularly good quality. We both ate our meals but at a cost of over £15 they weren't sadly worth it. Shame as like lots of people in Hull like me have grown up with Carvers. Won't be returning unless I see some excellent reviews. Such a shame

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lunch time meal of pattie n chips and mushy peas and chips in trays .. chips were so greasy it was awful the grease was swimming in the tray chips had hard like grit or stone in them.. hubbys peas were dried and hard .. sorry guys maybe we got you on a bad day but these were just awful we threw them away ..

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in when we were in Hull for the night. Got in late, wanted something quick. It was Saturday night and busy, served fast but let themselves down on the amount of grease.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We were brought up with Bob Carvers market stall and Hull fair. Hull Pattie and scraps. Haven’t had this in years. Sat on a bench outside the cafe and really enjoyed my lunch. Did not disappoint. I want more.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Always friendly staff. The chips are soft and mushy, just the way I like them. Great value and nice to eat sat in front of Holy Trinity.