“Poor service ”

Pizza Express
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Poor service from staff who don't care. Practically have to beg someone to serve you. Really poor and enjoyable

Reviewed 9 August 2017

One of the few places in the centre of Hull where you can have a decent, if unexciting meal, by the water.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Slow service, average over priced food. There are many other good Italian/ pizza joints in the city and in future I will use them rather that pizza express.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Visited there on saturday night. Firstly whilst in the short queue for a table i went to the ladies room . Only 3 toilets one was out of order and the other 2 had no toilet rolls in them. Next my husband went to the toilets the gents were out of use and blocked, therefor had to use the disabled toilet, which ment a long queue , when he got to front everyone started using the gents again even though they were blocked. After 20 mins Seated at the table and waitress stated there would be a 20-30 min wait , it was 8.30 pm , so we thought ok. After 25 mins she came and took the drinks order, so we ordered food as well a starter each but we asked to have this with our main course. The drinks arrived after a further 20 mins and we waited and waited and waited after aprox another 45 mins wait a piece of galic bread was put on the table so we waited and waited and waited and after another 20 mins we asked the waitress were the rest of the food was as we asked for it all together. After a further 15 mins she came back from the kitchen and said no vegatble cannoloni left. We had been there nearly 2 and a half hours and had nothing to eat, it was so poor and at that time of night we were left with the only option of the local chippy. Very poor i will never go back

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I'm normally a fan of Pizza Express so thought it'd be a safe bet for a birthday meal.

I'd booked online for a birthday meal as I knew the restaurant would be busy as a music festival was taking place in the city.

Upon arriving it was clear the staff were struggling to meet the demands of such a busy evening. Food debris was strewn all over the kitchen area (a picture of which is attached).

Service was unacceptably slow. We waited at least 15 minutes for any drinks orders to be taken, then another 15 to have our meal orders taken and at least 30 for the starters to come out.

The food on arrival was frankly, repulsive. Burnt, flat dough balls and a pathetic attempt at buffalo mozzarella salad with one of the most insipid pesto garnishes I have ever had the misfortune of tasting.

The mains were disgusting. The seafood rigatoni looked like a nasty ready meal from the local supermarket with rubbery frozen prawns, 1 lump of white fish and a bit of salmon. The cannelloni sauce needed a straw it was that watery. Thankfully we had a deal of 2 courses for £10.95 but if I had to pay £11.95 for that meal, I would've sent it back.

To top it off the restaurant ran out of knives and the service we received from the waitress was appalling. After asking how on earth a restaurant can run out of knives, she walked to the kitchen, brought some back and slammed them down in front of one of my friends, giving me the filthiest look imaginable. How on earth did she expect us to eat without a knife?

Then they have the audacity to add a 12.5% service charge on top of a £187 bill. Safe to say Hull Princes Quay didn't receive that on this occasion.

What was supposed to be a pleasant meal out with friends turned into an absolute farce because of the restaurant's inability to deal with a busy evening. The 'Humber Street Sesh' is planned well in advance, they should have been well aware of how many people they could have walking through the door.

The waitress mentioned above needs to have a lesson in manners. Luckily for her, the staff don't appear to wear name badges.

Unfortunately this will be the last time I spend my hard-earned money at Pizza Express Hull.