“good food...good value”
Review of Whistling Goose

Whistling Goose
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a Greene King site which shows all the top sport throughout the year and has a flaming grill menu.
Reviewed 31 May 2012

as a lover of a good steak we decided to try this chain pub...quite pleasantly surprised...the food was good and there was plenty...although the food did take a while to come...on not such a busy night...and be careful of your steaks...i asked for rare and it was more well done....but the quality was good none the less...would try again,to give them a chance to cook the steak properly this time!

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I got what I paid for, no complaints, it does what it says on the menu.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Went to the whistling goose excelent food we had the beef and my ladyfriend had lamb steaming hot the meat was so tender it droped of the bone .
Avoid the chicken it is not cooked like a sizzler.
Service was excelent the staff were realy helpful and knew what they were talking about.
Would definately recomend it.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

In October 2011, I went to the Whistling Goose for the first time since it became a member of the 'sizzling' pub chain. Previously it was a 'Two For One' pub. Unfortunately we were disappointed by the food. Myself and my partner ordered the 'Sizzling Chicken Sunday Lunch' which was described in the menu basically as a standard Sunday lunch with half a roast chicken as the meat portion. It took 45 minutes to arrive, although the pub was reasonably busy. The chicken was a decent size although it was somewhat dried up and tough. The rest of the meal was a big disappointment. The vegetables consisted of three tiny portions of different soggy veg: cauliflower, peas and carrots. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we got a dessert spoonful of each vegetable. They were obviously frozen as they were mushed up and tasteless. The yorkshire pudding (frozen) was soggy and the gravy had a skin on it, even when poured and it was so thick and gloopy that it didn't want to leave the gravy boat. As it was half term, a promotion was being run where we could have free ice cream or a dessert for half price. We both opted for desserts. I had a chocolate fudge cake with ice cream, although I presume it was sat waiting to be served somewhere for a while as the ice cream was a yellow puddle when it arrived at my table. Nobody asked us if everything was alright with the meal, but I assumed even the staff realised what they'd served us was below standard.

1  Thank JoeBlackie