This hotel is ideally placed for visiting central Hull which is just 50 yards away on the other side of a busy through road. Not that road noise is noticeable, at least on the marina side of the hotel. Rooms are what you'd expect from a H.I.: clean, good size, comfortable beds, kettle with tea/coffee, reasonably updated bathrooms with individual toiletries, TV etc, oh and an empty minibar(!). There is adequate parking provision which is a chargeable extra on weekdays, and an on-site leisure centre which I didn't use. The dining room is south-facing overlooking the boats in the old dock and cheeringly bright and sunny (at least on the morning I stayed). Staff at reception and at breakfast were very attentive and helpful which was just as well since (a) each mug of breakfast coffee has to be requested, and (b) I needed an explanation as to why the bathroom heating was switched off in subzero January temperatures. The apologetic receptionist explained that H.I. elf'n saftee is concerned people can burn themselves on hot towel rails (but not apparently that they might freeze their nuts off). If I wanted to climb out of a hot bath into the freezing cold banya-style I'd probably go for the authentic experience somewhere closer to St Petersburg than Hull. Though to be fair I was offered an electric heater - er, for the bathroom!! no thanks.
Otherwise I really enjoyed my stay because of the good value, central location, room quality (though not the meat-safe bathroom), the staff, ambience, and breakfast too. In fact I have already booked a longer stay later this year, but his time it will be summer and I'll bring a warm robe just in case.
And please HIHM, if the tea-drinkers can get a pot for breakfast, how about a cafetiere or a coffee jug for us coffee fans? I'm not the first to comment on this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel enjoys an excellent location close to East coast seaside resorts, and is an excellent base for visiting other major cities such as York, Leeds and also local attractions such as The Deep. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers, our Executive Marina view rooms, which some boast balconies ideal for evening drinks. Facilities including 100 fully air conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 120 people and a Spirit Heath and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel has 4 meeting rooms that will cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. Ample car parking is available at the hotel. Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel.The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including The Deep, Beverley Race Course, Hull's Museums and the KC Stadium. This hotel is pet friendly, the kids eat free and is fully non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Hull Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Hull Marina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Kingston-Upon-Hull Holiday Inn