I stayed 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Hull Marina for business recently and I see why my company recommended this hotel as the location and service were top notch - beyond what I have ever experienced at US or international Holiday Inn's in the past. The location was easy walking distance to spots around the marina as well as city center, train station and the old town.
The hotel itself, however, is old with dated everything (carpet, mirrors, closet, bathtub,etc). I was given a room with two twin size beds that were neither comfortable nor appropriate size for an adult. I asked to switch rooms but they were fully booked :-( I understand nothing could be done to switch me but why do they have rooms with twin sized beds anyway...for an American brand hotel, I expect at least a full size bed.
There was also a smell in a couple of the guest rooms (I know of at least two because I asked to be switched out of the first due to the smell and unclean sheets. The second had the same smell of musty urine but it was not as strong, plus the sheets were clean, so I stayed there. I have given a 3/5 on the rating due to the smell and the twin beds.
I had dinner twice in the hotel restaurant and, again, the service was fantastic! The food was average but certainly acceptable for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel enjoys an excellent location close to East coast seaside resorts, and is an excellent base for visiting other major cities such as York, Leeds and also local attractions such as The Deep. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers, our Executive Marina view rooms, which some boast balconies ideal for evening drinks. Facilities including 100 fully air conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 120 people and a Spirit Heath and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel has 4 meeting rooms that will cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. Ample car parking is available at the hotel. Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel.The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including The Deep, Beverley Race Course, Hull's Museums and the KC Stadium. This hotel is pet friendly, the kids eat free and is fully non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Hull Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Hull Marina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Kingston-Upon-Hull Holiday Inn