“Nice room but old style corridor”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Nice room but old style corridor”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, second time in my life and was once again happy with my choice. The staff at the reception was very helpful and quick and informed me about anything I needed. I found my room very spacious and nicely cleaned with some facilities to make a quick coffee or tea. My bathroom was perfect and it was a pleasure to take a shower after a long busy day. My room was situated next to the junction of the corridors and close to the lift so I must admit It was not as quiet as expected. As a perk I had a small balcony with a view towards Hull Marina. In the morning I went for a nice breakfast and was served by excellent team of waiters and waitresses who tried their best to make you happy in the early morning of a rainy day. The hotel itself is well-situated within the walking distance to shopping centres, town centre and railway station. There is also no problem with parking your car.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Whitfis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel, our staff and i am pleased you enjoyed our locations & views.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a Sunday, 2 rooms (one accessible). Friendly welcome. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the accessible room did not have a separate shower only a bath with a shower my mother in law cannot access into a bath so I would not class this as an accessible room. We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and the food was really good, plenty of choice and good quality. From the waiting, bar and cleaning all staff were superb so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am glad that you liked your room, our fantastic location and enjoyed your meals in the restaurant, i have taken your point raised onboard with regards to the shower/bath in the accessable room and we are looking at corrective action for the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so please do let us know if we can do anything for you in the not too distant future.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed a Saturday night and found the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and very helpful.

I had booked a room overlooking the Marina, and although it was a lovely view, not knowing what the other views were, not sure if it was worth the extra. The room was spacious, clean and for a change the bed was comfortable (stayed in a few hotels recently were the mattresses have been rock hard). Also the window opened, which, as the weather was still warm was a blessing.

The TV although not basic, did not have all the Freeview channels.

I asked at reception for directions to the KC Stadium and was given a map and a perfect set of directions. The receptionist was happy to go over the directions more than once as I have a terrible sense of direction.

I had room service which was exceptionally quick. The chips were heavenly. The portions good (although not too much chicken in my curry)!

I was in room 234, at the end of the corridor which was quite noisy, could have had something to do with the staff lifts being there, but not noisy enough to complain about for one night.

My only fault with the hotel is that I left an item in the bathroom, I rang the hotel within 24 hours and was told they could not locate the item, posted a random comment on twitter which was picked up by IHG Care, and within 48 hours the item had been located??!!

Other than that, this hotel is in a lovely location, the KC stadium and railway station are in walking distance and there is a shopping centre just across the road. All the staff I encountered in person at the hotel were happy to go above and beyond.

I would recommend and use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.
I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful but am sorry to hear that there was a noise that was an annoyance to you & that you had lost an item which was returned to you in the end so we do apologise for this inconvenience caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed four nights at the Holiday Inn Hull Marina, whilst in Hull on a induction & training course.
No complaqints, the hotel did what it said it would.
Friendly & welcoming staff, a good restaurant & clean comfortable rooms

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and our welcoming staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so please do let us know if you need anything in the not to distant future.

North Wales
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I arranged for a large family weekend at the Hotel. Ian managed the Group Reservations effectively and with the minimum of fuss. The rooms are all comfortable, the leisure facilities good, and the breakfast excellent. The staff are warm and welcoming - you will not find more friendly and helpful staff anywhere. The location is great - right on the Marina meaning a stroll to the Minerva or the Old White Harte after dinner is a breeze. I highly recommend this Hotel for location, value, food and the lovely people who work here. Hull is also a lovely place. The buildings are classic, lots of pedestrianised areas, Trinity Quarter is full of character - and probably the friendliest people in the world. Go to Hull and stay at the Marina!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments with reference to the hotel, our staff and the City of Hull.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future, so please do let us know if we can help with anything in the future.

Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I've stayed in this hotel many times, mainly for pleasure but last night on business. It makes no difference this is a great hotel in a great location. The marina location is superb and provides a great setting for the hotel. It's a short walk from the old town and all the great bars.

The staff are really helpful and take great pleasure in looking after you. Katherine on the front desk is always great and pleased to see guests. The breakfast staff are also superb and can't do enough for you.

This is my favourite Holiday Inn and it is certainly the best hotel in Hull. I can't wait to make it back on 1st November.

Room Tip: Get a marina view room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.
I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful, especially Katherine who you personally mentioned, this has been communicated back to her.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future so please do let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough of this hotel. One of the best I have ever stayed in. The staff are wonderful! So helpful and friendly. Lovely restaurant, very comfortable bar and lounge. My room was very spacious and clean. It is close to everything and has a lovely location. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2013

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.
I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful.