The Holiday Inn Hull Marina looks very nice, and without doubt the location is perfect, especially if you have a room overlooking the marina itself. Rooms are reasonably well equipped, with fairly comfortable beds, plenty of space to work, and bathroom that also functioned correctly and was clean. The issues I had with the hotel are more related to build quality. For some reason, it seems that whenever anyone (even if they are on another floor) flushed the toilet the sound of running water and vibrating water pipes could be heard all the way through to my room. It meant that the room was noisy (despite the fact that no outside noise could be heard) and sleep was frequently disturbed. Sound insulation between rooms was also rather poor - either that or the person in the room next to mine snored like a pneumatic drill.
Whilst there was plenty of space to work, the so called "high speed broadband" was a complete joke. Firstly, it was extortionately expensive at £5 per hour (and it was per hour of time, not per hour of use, so if you purchased an hour of broadband and then had a phone call, you lost that time). Seconldy, it was not "High speed" at all - I have experienced faster and more reliable connections on dial-up. It was so slow, in fact, that I couldn't even download e-mails, so had to leave the work I was planning to do until I was back in the office. Very poor. Its 2014, not 1995.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel enjoys an excellent location close to East coast seaside resorts, and is an excellent base for visiting other major cities such as York, Leeds and also local attractions such as The Deep. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers, our Executive Marina view rooms, which some boast balconies ideal for evening drinks. Facilities including 100 fully air conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 120 people and a Spirit Heath and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel has 4 meeting rooms that will cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. Ample car parking is available at the hotel. Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel.The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including The Deep, Beverley Race Course, Hull's Museums and the KC Stadium. This hotel is pet friendly, the kids eat free and is fully non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Hull Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Hull Marina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Kingston-Upon-Hull Holiday Inn