“Very good hotel”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Stockton On Tees
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed at. Rooms excellent. Food good and breakfast great. Only downside it cost me £3.25 for a cup of tea in the bar, but it was really nice. Location very good also. Nice walk along the quayside.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear burtoj2,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

It was nice to hear that you think we are one of the best hotels that you have stayed in and that our newly refurbished rooms are excellent. We pride ourselves on our food especially breakfast and it is great to hear your comments reflect that.

Our lounge features a full Starbucks menu, however. I am sorry that you felt that the price of tea was too high.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Sarah Whitfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
hornsea
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We just had our wedding day here on Friday 6th June, and i can not thank the wonderful team enough. They are all well presented smart and friendly nothing was to much trouble for them, what ever the time of day or night was. The day ran perfectly and thats all down to Laurren, Ashley, Gareth and Andy for being great at there jobs and providing excellent service. A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL. The rooms were spacious and comfotrable aswell can not fault them and none of my guests complained either.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear natsta85

Thank you for your recent review with regards to your Wedding Day on the 6th June, I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your day.

I will ensure that I pass on your kind comments to the team.

Congratulations on your Wedding.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel itself is nothing extraordinary, but it's in a lovely location on Hull Marina. The room was clean and tidy, with a reasonably comfortable bed and facilities. Not very spacious, but not so tiny as to be a hinderance. Breakfast was average, but decided not to eat in the evening at the hotel for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they were catering for a wedding reception, and looked very busy, but the location is within easy walking distance of the town, so decided to eat out.
Parking was secure, and the staff were all friendly enough. Overall, a decent hotel that is probably a little expensive for the area, but nothing much else to disappoint during my visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 404tuneless
Dear 404tuneless

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Hull Marina, with regards to your recent stay.

I have noted your kind comments about the staff and also the cleanliness of your room.

I am sorry that you found the breakfast average, we do get a lot of comments about how good our breakfast is.

We do have a very good location in the centre of the town and I hope that we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This is more akin to the original HI and is now very dated. The service was very good, but the rooms are outdated and the bathrooms are poorly appointed. There is ample parking and it extremely restaurant for the marina and Hull city centre.

They accepted our dog which gets a big plus from me.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Youngklaus
Dear Youngklaus

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed the service, but I am disappointed to read your comments on the bedrooms, we have just completed a refurbishment of 76 rooms with new case goods, we do have 12 rooms we are still waiting to do.

The hotel has a good location in the city centre and yes parking is readily available.

Once again thank you for completing your review and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

bradford
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from a weekend away with National Holidays. We stayed at this Hotel and weren't disappointed. I have passed it many times, so knew where it was. We had lovely comfortable rooms overlooking the marina. As we were on a tour we didn't eat in the main restaurant at night but the meal was OK. Breakfast was lovely though, plenty of choice. I found the staff throughout the hotel to be very pleasant and courteous. A bit slow perhaps in the bar. They could do with extra on when large groups come in. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view room. Very pleasant
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear minimoBradford, thank you for completing your on line review about your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Hull Marina, I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and to read your kind comments about the staff.

I have noted your comment about the bar staff and will discuss with our Food & Beverage Manager.

Once again thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Hull Marina in the near future.

Leighton Buzzard, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although I only stayed in this hotel for one night I feel I reached enough of an opinion not to return. The room was fine, as was the hotel in general. About right for the price. I was in an executive room which I felt was really well equiped.

The breakfast was fine, nothing to shout about but more than adequate for the day ahead.

The only let down for the venue was the fact that there was a wedding reception in the hotel bar so we were told by the staff not to use it. Given that there are rooms available to hire I'm confused as to why the wedding party needed to be in the bar.

The main issue was that the staff told us to wait in the lobby and they would get some drinks for us, 25 minutes later no drinks and we never saw the staff member again! Other guests also seem bemused by the lack of bar - or area to sit in the evening. (The wedding party seemed to have a good night though!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay, I was pleased to read that you liked your room & found our executive upgrades well equiped.

We are sorry you found the bar facilities a let down due to the Wedding in the hotel. It is our intention to always provide facilities for guests staying with us and I am sorry that you felt it was not the case on this occasion.

We invite you to contact our Operations Manager to discuss your comments further and allow us to investigate this matter.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Hull Marina in the not too distant future and thank you for your review once again

Kind Regards
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We spent Bank holiday Monday here as a last minute decision for a family fun night away. And what a great choice it was, we only stayed for one night in an executive room, with at fantastic marina view. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel where every single member of staff we encountered was friendly, helpful and understanding. Our son has autism and obviously this sometimes can be an issue at some hotels, but they embraced it, and went out of their way to make sure our stay was great, from the leisure staff at the pool to the cleaners, all staff displayed the same attitude, they are a credit to their manager! The room was a little small for an executive if I am being really critical, but all the usual comforts were present, good water pressure for the taps and showers too (another usual gripe of mine). A great outdoor seating area overlooking the marina, where we enjoyed a drink enjoying the weather. Good food, the same stock menu as most holiday inn's but the quality was much better than some I have eaten (try the onion mustard sausages), great leisure facilities too, with a onsite gym and pool, the pool was great after 6pm and from 7am, where we pretty much had it to ourselves. The marina is located really well for exploring Hull further, with Princes shopping centre opposite, two minutes walk and the Kingston retail park within a ten minute walk. Price wise we paid £94 for one night in an executive room, we added breakfast when we arrived, well worth the money! A quick mention for the breakfast staff too, who couldn't do enough for us, some other hotels should take note, as this is how it should be when you spend a night relaxing at a hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear M4rkbr4dders, thank you for your kind review, I am really pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and also will ensure that I pass on your kind comments about the staff.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Hull Marina in the near future, Kind regards, Sarah Whitfield General Manager