“PICTURESQUE LOCATION AND VERY FRIENDLY STAFF”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Manchester, United Kingdom
“PICTURESQUE LOCATION AND VERY FRIENDLY STAFF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is beautifully located overlooking Hull's pretty marina and is literally over the road to a modern shopping centre which has all the usual high street stores.The hotel has its own gym and a swimming pool not huge but large enough to have an enjoyable swim. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and the hotel was very clean with adequate bedrooms. We managed to get one with a balcony overlooking the marina which was larger than most of the rooms and it was really nice. There is a very good variety of food at breakfast time and the hotel even has its own Pancake making machine which made very tasty pancakes. I would definitely recommend this hotel for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the marina and even better one with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear michele i,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am pleased to hear that you liked your room, our fantastic location and enjoyed your breakfast also.

Thank you for your kind comments with reference to our staff, we pride ourselves on the service we offer to our guests & always put our guest’s needs first, I will pass on your your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Sarah Whitfield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were most impressed with the friendly welcome we received at this hotel which we stayed in recently for our son's graduation . All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the room was lovely, accommodating three adults with a bed settee easily and with a balcony overlooking the harbour .The bar food was good and served quite late which was useful , the hotel were very well geared up for the graduation week and were also happy for us to leave the car in the hotel during the ceremony , which was a huge bonus We felt well looked after enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We booked a double room with bed settee for our son which was large enough for three adults and ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear gillosco,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your kind comments about the Hotel whilst attending your son’s graduation here. We pride ourselves on the service we offer, so I am delighted to read you found our staff very friendly & helpful.

We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel, thank you.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Thank You for Choosing the Holiday Inn Hull Marina

Tamworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel on 12th July. I made the reservation 4-6 weeks ago as it is probably the nicest hotel in the area so I thought! My boyfriend stayed there about 12 months ago and had a lovely room overlooking the marina with a balcony so he couldn't wait to stay again.

I called the hotel direct as the net didn't give me the option of a room with a balcony, to which I was told that there are only limited rooms with balconies and it is luck to be given one, although he would note it as a special request.

I was then called on 10th July to be told that there was a large wedding party booked in, and if I wanted to book in for dinner, I would need to make the reservation there and then, this sent warning bells off to be honest so I prepared for the worst.

We arrived early at the hotel and parked the car then went shopping for a few hours. Arrived back to check in about 1pm and was happy to be able to check in abit earlier than we should as we were heading to a family party for 4pm.

We were then really happy to be told that we had a room with a balcony. Arriving at the room, we were literally next door to the service elevator with no room opposite us just room next to us. Walked into the room and couldn't see a balcony, the window over the bed overlooked the marina so where was our balcony. Wasn't until we walked all the way into the room that we saw that the balcony was round to the right. This balcony not only didn't overlook the marina, instead it overlooked the car park, air conditioning units for the hotel and their staff smoking area where staff constantly sat on their smoking breaks.

How that room can be classed as a marina view, I don't know. I made that reservation within plenty of time, I was charged for a marina view room yet I got a balcony overlooking their smoking area and air con units.
We of course sat out and tried to enjoy ourselves, but felt watched by the hotel staff so didn't feel very comfortable.

We then tried to order room service, but the button pressed rang out so my boyfriend had to walk all the way down to the bar to get us some drinks.

Only positive I can say is that we were abit tired from the night out, that we didn't fancy rushing down to breakfast so after again the room service line ringing out, reception were able to eventually buzz us to the restaurant where I was able to order our breakfast to the room, I wanted a drink but unfortunately had to wait 3 minutes for the bar to answer to order a fizzy drink. Funny thing was, that it was the same man I had ordered my breakfast with, the same man that had said I couldn't order a drink with him! Breakfast was lovely though.

I mentioned on checkout to the lady on reception about not being happy with the balcony and the room, all she said was ' are you in a rush, would you like a complimentary drink?'
Unfortunatly we were late getting home and had a 2.5 hour journey ahead of us so didn't want to stay.

Nice hotel overall, but if you check in and are allocated room 135.......refuse to stay in there because you aren't paying for a marina view, you are paying to have hotel staff stare at you!!

Room Tip: Room 135 isn't a marina view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bethan J
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologise that on this occasion your room did not meet your expectations. We only have a very limited number of balcony rooms however please be assured that we try our best to meet all guest requests during their stay with us.

I am also sorry to hear that you had problems with room service and the bar. Please be assured that we have addressed all the points that you have raised and that corrective action has taken place

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. We have contacted you directly with regards to the points raised and please feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina again soon.

Kind Regards,

Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. Rooms clean, breakfast very good. A typical
Holiday Inn. However, the attitude of all.the staff we encountered was excellent. I actually left my phone in my room and hotel staff returned it quickly and efficiently. I have stayed here once a year for quite a few years and can recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful. I was delighted to see that we helped in the speedy retrieval of your phone also.

Thank you for the recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights whilst attending a show at The KC Stadium. This is a fairly standard Holiday Inn, with decent if very slightly dated decor in the communal areas. I asked for a quiet room and was given one at the end of the building which appeared to have just been refurbished. This was very well appointed and reasonably quiet, but still partly facing the busy road, so I swapped with a colleague who isn't bothered by a bit of traffic noise (as I am). The room I ended up in (310) was facing the Marina and was silent at night - just how I like it. Staff were very good - pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast was good, but the sausages and bacon were a little undercooked for my taste. The location is excellent for the attractions of Hull and access to the Old Town area with its numerous pubs and restaurants. For bar suggestions, I'd recommend Ye Olde White Harte and The Sailmakers Arms if you like a bit of olde worlde charm and The Jazz Bar if you want loud disco music and copious quantities of alcohol. We tried them all.

As it's next to the Marina, there is open water at the rear of the hotel with only a 3 rail fence, so it's probably not the best place if you have very small children who might be a bit quicker on their feet than you.

Will certainly be staying there again when next in the area.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back, facing the Marina.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary B
Dear Gary,

We appreciate all feedback from our guests as it enables us to enhance our standards, this, therefore will be passed onto our Food & Beverages Department for further development.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Booked a night stay on Saturday with national coach tours with the wife. Must say I was very impressed hotel is immaculate, Double rooms are a lovely size and we were lucky enough to have a view over the marina. Evening meal was delicious and breakfast was amazing so much to choose from and the staff were nothing more than excellent .Overall a fantastic hotel in an excellent location and from us not one negative point . Thank you all very much and we will most definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your very kind comments with reference to our staff, we pride ourselves on the service we offer to our guests & always put our guest’s needs first. I’m also glad to hear you especially enjoyed your room view and breakfast choice.

Once again, thank you for your kind words; they will be passed on to the whole team.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This relatively small hotel delivers very good service - friendly and helpful staff, quiet top floor with spacious rooms overlooking the yacht Marina (although the interlinking door toa neighbour room allowed too much tv noise through). Usual facilities, and a decent breakfast. Evening meal in restaurant rather limited in choice and taste. I didn't try the spa. There appeared to be a charge for wi-fi, but on request this was available free - reception said they were in process of changing over. Not too soon.You have to cross an extremely busy dual carriageway to walk into the centre (10 mins).

Room Tip: Go for top floor and ask for a quiet room without an interlinking door which, even when shut, allows...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sarah W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments with reference to our staff, we pride ourselves on the service we offer to our guests & always put our guest’s needs first.

We now also offer free WiFi to our IHG Reward members so please speak to reception who can join you as a member to receive this instantly in the future.

We appreciate all feedback from our guest’s, I will pass on your comments regarding the interlinking neighbours door to the relevant department for any possible solution.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.