“Good value for money and very tasty food.”
Review of New Garden

New Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
stockton on tees
“Good value for money and very tasty food.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had a range of meals with a prawn cocktail for starter which was lovely. We had special house chow mein which was delicious a king prawn curry and chop suey which were all really tasty. The staff were very helful but we went early so it wasn't busy. Overall very good.

• Visited August 2013

Hull
“Best Chinese in Hull”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

New Garden Restaurant has been established in Hull over 40 years. They have an extensive menu of both Chinese and English cuisine. My favorite is the crispy chicken strips for starter and the Teppanyaki style steak for main. Anyone who enjoys a good steak will be sure to highly rate this. For me it's one the best, if not the best, in Hull.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Paul H
HULL
“Poor Service”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We went here on a saturday night, was supprised there were only two tables eating the rest was empty. (This place used to be full years ago). We was seated and ordered the drinks, they came back to check the drinks order. Then they brought red wine instead of white, they did change it. We then ordered, whilst waiting for the meal a couple came in to order a take out. I have never heard such fowl language of people, even the gent from the other table asked them to be more conciderate. The meal arrived, i had ordered a side portion to go with my main, which after about 3-4 mins the waitress asked if i was waiting for anything else?. After reminding them of my order they then brought the rest out. The place was very cold they had turned the heating off and a lack of lighting. I did tell them the service was apaulling, they did apologise. But we would never go back there again.

• Visited February 2013
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Nice Chinese Food”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is the place to come for good Chinese food on a budget.
There is nothing sparkling about the venue or indeed the service but the food is very good, not the best but as far as your budget goes as good as you can expect for the price.
There is plenty of choice and the amount you get would frighten a small person, you certainly don't leave the restaurant feeling you could have had more.
All in all not the most salubrious of surroundings but clean and inviting.
Certainly the place to go if there is not too much of the jangly stuff in your pocket

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappoiting”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I arrived in taxi at about 10pm on a saturday the driver told us it looked closed.we so a light on and went inside.I ordered 2 halves of lager.the waitress brought one pint instead.I odered spare ribs. My wife ordered salt and pepper king prawn. My spare ribs were over cooked and burnt, but my wifes dish was very nice. I then ordered special chow main and my wife king prawn curry. The king prawns had a black line running through the back, which I believe is classed as poo. So, my wife didn't eat hers and I had king prawn in my dish also. We complained to the waitress and we didn't eat the food. They still charged us full price for the meal and we told them we won't ever go there again! We prefered the old new gardens were they used to serve quality food.

1 Thank annetta22