“A little gem , loved it”
Review of Le Crepier Papin

Le Crepier Papin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
“A little gem , loved it”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fancied a meal out for Sunday lunch so had a browse for local restaurants that took tastecard and this one took my eye, after browsing the menu the decision was made and off we went. Now on the outside it's not the sort of place that immediately makes you think 'wow I must eat there' and we actually drove past it the first time as we didn't spot it but having parked up (not particularly easy as it's a busy road) we took our seats. It was fairly quiet which I don't mind as it usually means fast and attentive service and that's exactly what we got. I had the onion soup followed by swordfish steak in a white wine and tarragon (I just know I've misspelt that) sauce followed by Apple tart with ice cream and apple sauce (can't remember the posh word for it). My wife had garlic mushrooms followed by honey glazed duck breast and to finish crepes with orange grand marnier. Every course was delicious and there was just the right amount of time between each, the waitress asked if we were happy with each course and whether we needed anything else and was very pleasant and efficient at all times. My wife and I really enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back , it's a little gem on a road where there are numerous restaurants and coffee shops etc so could easily be overlooked but this is one of those places where you really shouldn't judge the book by the cover (don't get me wrong I'm not saying the cover is bad by the way). Recommended , can't wait tn go again

1 Thank zAndy1uk

Beverley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hull's taste of France!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a find! This little place is just what Hull needs! A great restaraunt with real honest food. From the decor, service and food I give it 10/10. The food was fantastic good sized portions to leave you satisfied and that special dessert with the raspberry coulis wow!! We will definitely be returning making it our favourite place to dine or to just grab a coffee if we're passing.

1 Thank MysteryDiners
Southport, Australia
“New Favourite! ”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great little place, not very big but I do like smaller places so that was a plus for me, great service and beautifull food.
I had the Cordon Bleu with French fries and my girlfriend got the spaghetti with king prawns (I cannot rememmer the name of the dish unfortunately) both were really nice and reasonably priced at £7-8 each.
We then had a crepe each for dessert I chose banana, chocolate sauce and icecream and my girlfriend chose a cherry crepe. Both were great!
Also was really nice to see the owner there working and also clearing tables inbetween dishes I really appreciated seeing that he wasn't above clearing tables.
Our bill came to 32.50 for 2 white wines, 2 cokes, Cordon Bleu with French fries, king prawn spaghetti and two crepes.
Will deffinately be back for meals and probably pop in for a crepe every now and again too.

1 Thank Joe L
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Eat here regularly and I have never been disappointed. Great service, friendly staff and great food. The price is great too and the wine is very reasonable

1 Thank S B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite eatery”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Excellent service, friendly staff, good value for money and always tasty. We ate their last night for about the 10th time and are never disappointed, we'll be back for more!

1 Thank Gaynor B