“A taste of France”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I visited here for my sisters 21st birthday. As a large party we took over the whole restaurant, the staff where all very friendly and the chef worked extra hard even thought it was also his birthday. Everyone enjoyed their food and the atmosphere was great - the only downside was the loud background music. If you get a chance you should visit this restaurant.

2  Thank Harley C

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the place after reading great reviews on tripadviser. We're very disappointed with the food and appalling waiting time - we came on Saturday around 5pm, bistro was empty, just one couple had a coffee. We have waited 45 min for the good arrive - "Poulan Kiev" did not have any resemblance with the original dish, chicken was dry and tasteless. "Stroganoff" with mushrooms is so-so.
Hoping that at list crepes will be upto reputation we have ordered them...add another 30 min for a one pancake to arrive!! And unfortunately it was not any tasty either.
I always use tripadviser for the good recommendations but this one just did not work at all .

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great food and great service. The French chef is a friendly guy and his level of skill in the kitchen matches that of the footballing legend sharing the same name!! Thanks for another great night!!

2  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had heard great things about the restaurant and after visiting last night we have not been disappointed.
The French onion soup was yummy and both of our main courses were delicious. Great portion sizes and packed with flavour.
Very well priced meal and attentive staff, what more do you need? A great addition to Hull and I will be going back to try a crepe!

2  Thank Hattie25
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fancied a meal out for Sunday lunch so had a browse for local restaurants that took tastecard and this one took my eye, after browsing the menu the decision was made and off we went. Now on the outside it's not the sort of place that immediately makes you think 'wow I must eat there' and we actually drove past it the first time as we didn't spot it but having parked up (not particularly easy as it's a busy road) we took our seats. It was fairly quiet which I don't mind as it usually means fast and attentive service and that's exactly what we got. I had the onion soup followed by swordfish steak in a white wine and tarragon (I just know I've misspelt that) sauce followed by Apple tart with ice cream and apple sauce (can't remember the posh word for it). My wife had garlic mushrooms followed by honey glazed duck breast and to finish crepes with orange grand marnier. Every course was delicious and there was just the right amount of time between each, the waitress asked if we were happy with each course and whether we needed anything else and was very pleasant and efficient at all times. My wife and I really enjoyed our meal and will definitely be back , it's a little gem on a road where there are numerous restaurants and coffee shops etc so could easily be overlooked but this is one of those places where you really shouldn't judge the book by the cover (don't get me wrong I'm not saying the cover is bad by the way). Recommended , can't wait tn go again

1  Thank zAndy1uk