“Good location”

Premier Inn Hull North Hotel
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Was staying here for work and found the check-in very friendly and welcoming. Was shown to a well sized, generic Premier Inn room - if you've stayed in a PI before, this is exactly what you would expect.
The pub/restaurant attached to the hotel was very good, with staff happy to accommodate my request for "a sad table for one". Food was hot, tasty and quickly delivered.
Have had the 'luxury' of staying at 2 Premier Inns in Hull, but I would definitely plum for this one over the fancy one in the city centre.

Room Tip: Don't look in the bath plug hole!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have stayed several times. Clean, comfy beds, crisp linen, big bath, hot shower, tea/ coffee making facilities, tv. Very comfortable room, plenty of space, clean and modern. Can be a bit noisy in the rooms next to the lift and some traffic noise at the back if a light sleeper. The all you can eat breakfast is amazing, very good value and will set you up for the day with plenty of choice. There is also the cheaper continental if you want everything except the cooked breakfast. Great location central to a small shopping mall with some mainstream shops. A large asda, mcdonalds, Frankie & Benny`s, cinema, bowling alley etc, Staff in the Hotel are pleasant.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper, don`t have a room by the lift.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Prem inn, it is pretty much the same everywhere, clean, breakfast was lovely & staff friendly.
Now my gripe, after a long day at the races, our bags already in our room but now checked in yet. Paid cash & checked in, however! They wouldn't let us complete check in as we didn't ave ID on us. Like a passport, driving licence, utility bill or bank card... We had none!!!
Even though we pre booked room on debit it card. At 12.30am I just wanted my bed.
So people if you are staying here & paying in good old fashioned cash, you need ID

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Had two nights in this Premier Inn whilst working in Hull. A pretty average hotel, one of the older style Premier Inns, but very clean and tidy. Very friendly staff on reception though, always had time to ask if everything was OK, and very helpful with printing off directions for the local Chinese restaurant for my second night, as certainly could not suffer two nights in the attached Table Table restaurant. I have commented so many times on how the whitbread attached restaurants let the hotel down, I am not going to waste my time repeating myself. Suffice to say, I ordered the Tomato soup, which was OK but the bread roll which it came with could have used to hammer in nails, the beer battered haddock for the main dish was so overcooked, it was almost inedible, so I just ate the chips and peas.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I had to find somewhere to stay at very short notice due to a family emergency, as we didn't know the area at all and as I have stated in previous reviews i am a bit of hotel phobic so due to previous experience in Premier Inns felt pretty sure we wouldn't be let down.
This was the best Premier we had ever stayed in.
As per usual the rooms were spotless, tea & coffee making facilities in room, extra pillows etc.
Each and everyone of the staff were brilliant couldn't fault them, giving us advice on our onward journey, booking taxis and generally any help we needed.
We were only there for one night but from what we could see this would be a good reasonably priced place to stay and accessible to see sights of Yorkshire.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine as they are soundproofed and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank irishpat49
Reviewed 29 May 2013

A really excellent location, close to the Retail Park yet nice and quiet. Very friendly staff and tha attached restraunt was very good. Best breakfast in all the Premier Inns. Will return again. The location meant that the coast at Bridlington was only about 45 mins away, and the same time in the other direction, we were in York.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Friendly welcome late on the Friday evening. Helpful member of staff, managed to check in quickly, arrange breakfast and in my room within five minutes. As always a good sized room which was clean and quiet. Very good nights sleep with no disturbance and enjoyed my breakfast on both mornings. I would use this Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo