“I Have Learned a New Thng”
Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull
Reviewed 9 May 2012

One evening on my way to the ferry back to the Hoek I decided to drop in to my favorite chain hotel and stay the night. I was able to get a room. At first, the counter clerk was sullen and told me I must park over a block away. I am disabled and no longer wish to to carry bags further than from the attached parking. When I told the clerk that she allowed me to park in the attached secure parking right behind the building.

My room had severely water damaged floor and carpet, and there were dead insects on the window sill.

To add insult to injury Accor never awarded me loyalty points, and when I tried to recover them, Accor required I submit a receipt. That is ludicrous. I can understand if the hotel had not entered my points, but my loyalty is severely tested when I have to do their work for them.

Breakfast at Ibis Hull was good.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Hull. I treat all feedback with utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating your concerns. If you have not yet received your ACLUB please feel free to call me at the hotel and I will sort this out for you.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Good location City centre close to shops restaurants rail and bus station.
Staff very friendly and helpful, Room could do with a bit more care with the cleaning lot of dust on the carpet around the furniture legs, Shower head needs de-scaling and TV channels need sorting out.
Enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the shower heads and TV Channels which we have since addressed.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Really good value for money, central location. The check in staff were excellant - very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Happy to hear that youn enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hull. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were staying recently and were woken up at 3.30am by drunken dribbling idiots who were staying in rooms further down the corridor making a ridiculous amount of noise. After one hour of it I rang reception asking them to sort them out and tell them to shut up. I was told someone would come up, which obviously didn't happen as they were still slamming doors and people shouting and laughing in the corridor and rooms until 5.30am.

Consequently I got 4 hours sleep and had the worst hotel stay I have ever encountered. If you can't control drunken inconsiderate idiots you should not be in the hotel business. I will never stay in an Ibis, Etap, Accor hotel ever again.

The room itself was average, there was hairs in the shower from previous guests and the toilet roll is about 30cm off the ground, handy if you are a dwarf. The signage on the windows threatening a £20 fine if you break open the window cords was written by somebody who can't spell. The hotel restaurant tables were filthy and needed a good wipe down, and food on the floors. The chambermaids put the pillow cases on backwards which was a nice touch.

Don't stay here as you may flip and end up strangling someone.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is anything such as a good room in this excuse for a hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gecko2
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

I am sorry that on this occasion you were dissapointed with your stay at Ibis Hull. I treat all feedback with utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter.

Ibis Hull

Reviewed 22 April 2012

A pleasant basic room with the minimum of fuss all round. The website is misleading re parking. The "outdoor public car parking available" really means that you can park in a shopping centre 10 mins walk away for a fiver.

Also there is a Wetherspoons pub 2 mins walk away where you can get breakfast for 2.99 rather than paying 7.50 at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hull, I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

A good example of an Ibis, budget range, hotel. Our visit made special by the helpful, attentive staff, who went out of their way to ensure our two year old had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jestersec

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hull and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2012