“Friendly good quality hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice place with comfortable, clean, spacious, warm rooms with friendly staff and free adequate Wi-Fi also enjoyable breakfast which has a very good selection to choose from.

Now most complain about the road noise of which I have to say did not really disturb me, Now what did disturb me on my weeks stay was having the misfortune of have a load of teenage lads staying on the same floor as me and every night there was the noise of doors slamming constantly and shouting up and the corridor till gone 23:00 of which I think staff could have a word with them with regards to their noise level and other guests

Would I stay here again well yes I probably would just hope to have a more quite stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms the same with the noise from other guests the issue.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hull and we have noted your comments regarding noise coming from other guests which we are addressing.

Pontefract
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here as part of a group and were immediately made to feel very welcome by the staff on duty. The room was clean and warm, (with huge beds!) and breakfast was excellent, again with very helpful staff. Why only four stars? Well, apart from the beds everything else in the room seemed cramped, especially the bathroom - reached by a step up - which was like a space capsule. Anyone larger than the average might have had difficulty manoeuvring around it. The wardrobe was only just adequate for an overnight stay. However, the biggest surprise was the lack of an electric socket near the kettle. It is not the first time I have made a cup of tea on the floor, but I wouldn't have expected this in a hotel of this calibre. A second socket next to the television, with a slightly bigger shelf to accommodate the tea tray, would have made all the difference. With hindsight, I should have got our hot drinks from the machine in reception, and would recommend this plan of action for anyone thinking of staying here. Lovely hotel, shame about the space capsule.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding the plug for the kettle which we are trying to address.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in ibis for 2 weeks ,the staff of the hotel was friendly , welcome especially two young ladies who were gorgeous and smiling . I don't forget her. My room was clean and spacious . I come back in three weeks ! I recommend it to you !! And price was suitable.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Hull. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kingston Hull
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We didnt end up getting to sleep until gone midnight due to a staff member socialising with some boys on the landing outside our door! Had to ring reception twice before they did anything.
We were very dissapointed at the attitude of the staff

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and dealt with accordingly.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is right near the city of hull, seems to be tucked out of the way but good for a stay, We stayed on a Saturday Night 28 September, Not many people was around when we left or a few drinks after a busy day in Hull, When we got back to the hotel they had a Security guy who was very chatty. This was around 1am, The night staff at the hotel did not even speak or look at us. When we came came down for a smoke a later the Security man was chatting to us, How ever the night staff looked at us like we was in the way :(

The day staff was great and the female who checked us in was very helpful and went out of the way to help.

Hull is a great city to stay in but be careful of some of the bars you go in, we was very careful.

I wish more hotels had Security, they should have them every week end night to make you feel extra safe.

I will return to this hotel when back in hull, Just need to plan the next trip;

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay at Ibis Hull. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.