“hull”
Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

As an apprentice and working away from home hull's bank burst and a pipe burst outside the Ibis hotel and the whole street/hotel started to flood. The staff at the Ibis hotel where amazing doing everything they could to keep everyone safe and as comfortable as possible. They also helped other apprentices to move personal valuables/belongings from the ground floor to a higher floor to prevent them from getting flooded. They kept us all updated and managed the situation perfectly giving out valuable information about the high tides and when its best time to make a break for it. I would personally like to thank all staff as the strain and pressure put on them was huge and all staff acted Professionally even after working 30+ hours with no sleep. Thank you again! Hope everyone is safe!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ben H
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I would also like to thank you for your understanding and help through what was a very difficult time during the flood. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Room stank of Cig smoke. The yellow walls did nothing but confirm that a chain smoker had previously occupied this room for several years.

The night manager was an absoloute jobs worth not giving us extra bedding despite us seeing the amount of spare pillows that they have. They also refused to serve us alcohol despite it being way before there last orders.

Room was dirty and mouldy. Toilets had no lock on door.

No parking meant carrying equipment large distances. Not good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank editshoot
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all our comments with utmost seriousness and we will be investigating your issues accordingly.

Snaith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We booked in the Ibis for two nights after looking at a few reviews which were positive and gave good feedback and because we found a cheap deal on the internet. I regret taking this cheap option very much and wish I had spent a little more on an alternative hotel.
The staff were friendly and the public areas are clean and well maintained however the room that we had felt grubby and was worn with chipped counter tops and dirty information leaflets, I also found a long brown hair on the edge of the bed. I have long blonde hair!!. The room that we had was on the first floor, The room was a good size and the bathroom 'pod' although small had every amenity apart from the soap would have run out if we had not brought our own. The fan was working on an intermittent basis and not all the time. They only provided two towels which was not sufficient for two people.
The curtains were stained and had burn holes in them, the carpet had white stains in various places and although the bed was comfortable and the bedding was clean it was not well made.
In addition to this I had a gold bracelet go missing; I suspect it was stolen while we were out shopping. I reported this to the staff and they checked the room!!! I had already checked everywhere. Other than to make the checks they didn't seem that interested. Upon checking out the woman on the reception did not really know what to do. She rang the duty manager who despite my suspected theft was not available. I would not recommend this hotel at all, avoid it, spend a little extra and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Do not book here.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina W
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with utmost seriousness and we will be investigating your concerns regarding the cleanliness of the bedroom. As for your bracelet I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper who throughly checked the hotel including your bedroom and unfortunelty there was nothing to be found. I will continue to investigate this matter and I will contact should I get any developments.

Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very good hotel in a perfect location. Clean and modern. The bed was the best I've slept in for a budget hotel very comfortable. Staff friendly and couldn't do enough for you and a big thanks to Phil who went that extra mile. Would most definiately stay there again. If driving make sure you get a discount voucher from reception before parking in Princes Quay carpark.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper then rooms on the front do have traffic noise. Not problem for myself.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maskells
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments- I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward tov seeing you in the near future.