“Please avoid this unsafe, outdated nightmare of a 'hotel'”
Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Please avoid this unsafe, outdated nightmare of a 'hotel'”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

All the charm and cleanliness I would expect from a third world hotel. Upon arrival while waiting in the lounge I was accosted by a junkie who asked me for money and started screaming at me when I explained I had no cash on me she then proceeded to pee herself while sitting down trying to grab my jacket while the (numerous) nearby staff watched on and made no attempt to intervene. I appreciate the hotel may not have been able to have prevented her entry but with most modern hotels having secure entry there really is no excuse. There where drunk people sitting having a party to themselves at one in the morning again no staff showed up to Intervene. As a lone business traveller I have never felt so unsafe. The room itself was an utter disgrace dirty, stinking of stale cigarette smoke, with sticky surfaces and some sort of weird, cramped plastic wet-room which served as an excuse for a bathroom. When I went down to order food in the evening (last resort as all nearby places where shut) the receptionist was dour and unhelpful. The kitchen lady however was very helpful and pleasant. The only redeeming feature was the location however a bench in the train station would have been just as appealing, just as safe and far preferable to this. This is my first and definite last experience of an ibis hotel. Please avoid this cesspit, I felt unclean after staying here, awful.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank CatherineCusak
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were dissapointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness however I wil find it really hard to investigate your corncerns because you stayed 10 months ago in May 2013. I would like to point out that this is not the usual service we provide at Ibis Hull and we have recently had a full ground floor refurbishment. If you are ever returning to Hull please dont hesitate in contacting me on 01482 387500 or Email me at Philip.woods@accor,com and I will make sure you have a pleasant stay.

Phil Woods

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The staff were friendly and sincerely helpful. The location is very good. But my first room had my spirits plummeting with a cracked window, some serious decoration issues such as scuffing, and a faint unfresh smell. The corridors also had a whiff of bleach and staleness. When my tv did not work (the phone didn't work either so I had to walk down to reception), my room was changed without quibble and the whole experience became nicer. The hotel has a policy of getting your problem sorted in fifteen minutes or refunding it. I will stay here again but hopefully not in that first room.

Room Tip: Make sure you complain immediately if your room is not up to scratch
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Ibis Hull. I am pleased you found my team friendly and helpful however we have noted your concerns about the window which has since been replaced and the smell along the corridor which we are addressing.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Great location. I was working around the corner for a couple of days. I needed to ring hotel on a couple of occasions and the staff were all ways happy and polite. Nothing ever felt like a bother.
The room was clean, warm, comfy... The bed was the best I've ever had in a hotel.
I'm working in hull again shortly and wouldn't consider anywhere else.

Stayed March 2014
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 31 March 2014

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Basic but comfy as you expect from IBIS- staff friendly, room clean and functional. Hairdryer supplied on request. Surprisingly quiet for its location-in the city centre. Excellent value for money especially when premier inn are charging more than double what we paid!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Ibis Hull. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.