“As expected”
Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The ibis in Hull is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for (we pay £33/night for the room). Staff are friendly and the lobby is nice. The room is small and basic, same with the bathroom. Bring your own toilet paper as it's like cardboard. TV is small and has only terrestial channels (one annoyance is the
Our room was "cleaned" with only the beds being made up. No rubbish cleared, no bathroom cleaned. Worse cleaning job ever.
WIFI is free and the location (walking distance from town) is great. There is no parking on-site (nearest car park is £10/day).

I didn't expect much from the Ibis and I got pretty much what I expected. OK for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are same
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anon100001
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we haven noted your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room which I am addressing and I would also like to point out that we are getting bigger televisions by the end of May.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is my third stay on business at the Hull City Centre Ibis. Great value for money and well located for the railway station. Colette on front of house always adds a warm and friendly welcome. Ask Colette to guess what you do for a job. Always a good crack!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ChrisWM-2468
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Collette and my team will be delighted you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcomimg you back again very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Collette and Colleen were fantastic. Their hospitality was second to none. made me feel so welcome. Not slept so well in a long time. Clean, warm room. Bathroom was brilliant, no tiles in sight but so clean. loved having a shower when i finished work. Bedsheets and towels changed everyday without fail. Meals were good too. Collette thank you for everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Collette and Colleen will be dielghted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I booked this hotel the night before as a last minute night away and found the hotel excellent. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and tidy. Will be staying again in the future. Location is great too

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank nickynic1990

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you again on your next trip hopefully!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My colleges and I stayed at the Ibis Hull last week and found not only is it central to the city, but it is clean, spacious and welcoming. We ate in the bar area and the food was quickly presented with the professionalism of a well established resturant. The free 24 hour wi-fi is a bonus and we were surprised to find not only was it available in the bar area but also in our rooms. I will be recommending this hotel to my other colleges as the easy access and friendly staff made our business stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: we had 3 rooms all on the second floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed in the Ibis Hull many times and have always found the staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful. I have just got back from my latest stay at the Ibis and would like to remark on the wonderful refurbishment that has just been completed. The smart and chic reception area is a very welcoming sight. I was given a ground floor room which was clean, smart and well lit. The staff at this hotel always go that extra mile to make sure that I am comfortable. Nothing seems to much trouble for them, they even rang me a taxi to go to a meeting after I had checked out. I would also like to mention the wonderful power showers, a word of warning though don't get in if you are in a hurry as you wont want to get out. You wouldn't believe you was in a city centre hotel alittle oasis and gem in Hull. I would like to say thank you to all the wonderful staff at the Ibis and looking forward to seeing you soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean, tidy and smart but the newly refurbished ground floor rooms are well worth a vi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments- I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.