“Cheap and cheerful”

Ibis Hull
Hull
“Cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my husband for some respite as we have a special needs child. It was lovely nice and clean friendly staff, nice and quiet too. Near everything in Hull shops and places to eat on your doorstep.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully.

Phil Woods

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Economic hotel, but it is very clean, provides an excellent breakfast and the staff are great. After leaving the hotel I realized I'd left my wallet behind and upon returning they had it safely locked away and would not take anything from me in my great appreciation for their honesty.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank acrm3
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments- I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Arrived late on Saturday night, about 10:00 ish , bit crowded around the entrance door, people smoking and they were,nt for moving ..... checked in, staff were very pleasant and helpful.

The hotel is in a great location, cheap and clean, we were in hull for the football, we were picking a coach up at the K.C. stadium early the next day for wembley so we booked an early morning call 6:00am and ordered a taxi 7:15am

The following day (Sunday morning)..... we got the early morning call at 6:20am a faulty telephone system was to blame.....ok fair enough. Off to Wembley we went.... fantastic day hull through to the FA cup final, arrived back about 12:30 am exhausted to find the room had not been attend to...un made bed damp and wet towels, ok my mess I know but its a hotel this is what I pay for, clean and made up room, even from a budget hotel, we went down to reception to inform them and get some tea and coffee supplies, reception were very apologetic, it was late we were exhausted, we needed to sleep so decided to leave it.

The following morning we were up at 9:15am ish NO HOT WATER ! stone cold ....I contacted reception again very apologetic, they rung me back 15-20mins later she said we don,nt know why there,s no hot water but you,ll get some in 20 mins ....what do I think, well the hotel had run out of hot water, but hey what do I know I,m only a plumber !

In conclusion, great location, really nice staff, cheap but not happy regarding the early morning call, unattended room and lack of hot water.... attempted to talk to the manager on the Monday morning but I was told, he,s away on a course........

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grinding
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please contact me on 01482 387500 or Philip.woods@accor.com

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have visited this hotel a few times over the past 10 or so years and I always found it pretty good. However this time I was a little disappointed.

Firstly, there is no car parking on site. You can park in the nearby Princess Quay shopping centre car park, but they will charge. We were also stung on the charge - you can get a voucher from the Ibis reception for the car park which we did, when I got it they explained to me that as long as I didn't take my car out of the car park over the weekend I would get the reduced rate (as had happened on previous visits). However on leaving the car park, I was told that the reduced rate only was relevant to between 4pm and 10am each night, and you had to take the car out of the car park during the day to qualify. This was not mentioned to me at reception, in fact the complete opposite was.

Secondly our room was really warm all weekend.We were unable to open the window as it had been permanently closed and the air conditioning/cooling unit only worked over a certain temperature which we didn't quite reach despite the room being really warm most of the time.

Finally, this is a pretty minor thing but they have refurbished the bar area, and it looks really boring and clinical now. It had quite a nice feel to it previously.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Pie5
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
I am sorry that on this occasion that you where dissapointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with utmost seriuosness and I am currently investigating this matter.

London
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The ibis in Hull is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for (we pay £33/night for the room). Staff are friendly and the lobby is nice. The room is small and basic, same with the bathroom. Bring your own toilet paper as it's like cardboard. TV is small and has only terrestial channels (one annoyance is the
Our room was "cleaned" with only the beds being made up. No rubbish cleared, no bathroom cleaned. Worse cleaning job ever.
WIFI is free and the location (walking distance from town) is great. There is no parking on-site (nearest car park is £10/day).

I didn't expect much from the Ibis and I got pretty much what I expected. OK for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are same
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anon100001
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we haven noted your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room which I am addressing and I would also like to point out that we are getting bigger televisions by the end of May.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is my third stay on business at the Hull City Centre Ibis. Great value for money and well located for the railway station. Colette on front of house always adds a warm and friendly welcome. Ask Colette to guess what you do for a job. Always a good crack!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ChrisWM-2468
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Collette and my team will be delighted you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcomimg you back again very soon.