“Great Location & Friendly Staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Location & Friendly Staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We recently stayed here at the Ibis in Hull for one night. We got into Hull via train and the hotel is only a couple of minutes walk away. Check in was smooth and the reception staff were very friendly.
The rooms are very modern, and were very clean and comfortable. Our room was facing the main road next to the hotel but we didn't find the noise was too bad at all.
Location wise it is very good too, as it is only a short walk from Princes Quay and the Marina.
Overall, we were happy with our stay and the price for one night is very good; we would more than likely choose the Ibis in Hull for our next stay

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sunmagic
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 15 May 2014

Phil Woods

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel is very cheap if you pay in advanced online. I got a room for £34 for the night, the hotel isn't amazing but what do you expect at that price. Check in /out was very quick and easy, the rooms are a little tired and basic but the beds comfy enough for a night sleep. Good location right in the centre of hull and minutes from the mway.

There were a few groups (football fans & stag dos) staying in the hotel so it can be a little noisy, I was told by friends that a air horn was let off at 3am.

I recommend this hotel if your on a budget or on a night out so you just want somewhere to rest your head after a few beers.

Tips

*You can get a voucher for parking at the nearby princess street car park (£5 off)
*Breakfast is average and not worth £7.95. I paid breakfast in advance but when we arrived other guest were only charged £5 for it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tom and Gaynor D
Thank you for your comments, I am glad in general you had a nice stay with us. I have taken all your comments on board and discussed it with the relevant departments. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Ibis was everything that the website promised: clean, friendly staff, comfy bed etc and despite the fact that I had missed the cut off point for cancellation by nearly 3 hours, they refunded my payment. However, the parking is expensive (£7 overnight), but more importantly, much too far away from the hotel, not signposted, and especially not female friendly. Great if you're travelling by train.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Donna R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the car park which we are trying to address.

Hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my husband for some respite as we have a special needs child. It was lovely nice and clean friendly staff, nice and quiet too. Near everything in Hull shops and places to eat on your doorstep.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully.

Weston, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Economic hotel, but it is very clean, provides an excellent breakfast and the staff are great. After leaving the hotel I realized I'd left my wallet behind and upon returning they had it safely locked away and would not take anything from me in my great appreciation for their honesty.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank acrm3
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments- I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Arrived late on Saturday night, about 10:00 ish , bit crowded around the entrance door, people smoking and they were,nt for moving ..... checked in, staff were very pleasant and helpful.

The hotel is in a great location, cheap and clean, we were in hull for the football, we were picking a coach up at the K.C. stadium early the next day for wembley so we booked an early morning call 6:00am and ordered a taxi 7:15am

The following day (Sunday morning)..... we got the early morning call at 6:20am a faulty telephone system was to blame.....ok fair enough. Off to Wembley we went.... fantastic day hull through to the FA cup final, arrived back about 12:30 am exhausted to find the room had not been attend to...un made bed damp and wet towels, ok my mess I know but its a hotel this is what I pay for, clean and made up room, even from a budget hotel, we went down to reception to inform them and get some tea and coffee supplies, reception were very apologetic, it was late we were exhausted, we needed to sleep so decided to leave it.

The following morning we were up at 9:15am ish NO HOT WATER ! stone cold ....I contacted reception again very apologetic, they rung me back 15-20mins later she said we don,nt know why there,s no hot water but you,ll get some in 20 mins ....what do I think, well the hotel had run out of hot water, but hey what do I know I,m only a plumber !

In conclusion, great location, really nice staff, cheap but not happy regarding the early morning call, unattended room and lack of hot water.... attempted to talk to the manager on the Monday morning but I was told, he,s away on a course........

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Grinding
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please contact me on 01482 387500 or Philip.woods@accor.com