“Ibis hotel Hull”

Ibis Hull
Tavistock
“Ibis hotel Hull”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am amazed to be honest.

This is a "value" hotel so you can not complain when it does not reach the standards of say the !Park Lane !"

But as I say I was and am amazed, it is clean, welcoming, the rooms are superb even taking into account the price, I have paid three times as much and the rooms have been terrible.

Clean
Tidy
Nice beds, comfortable, not hard like Travel lodge
A real bonus is a phone in the room again unlike Travel Lodge
Friendly
Professional
Food including breakfast is ok, not swimming in grease and a VERY good selection
You are greeted by friendly staff

Overall I do not know how they do it for the price

The only let down is no on site parking for the disabled, which I did deed

Would I stay here again, yes

Room Tip: Top floor where I am, less people passing by, but that applies to ALL places
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding disabled parking which we do have avaiable at the rear of the hotel. Next time you are visiting Hull please Email me direct on Philip.woods@accor.com and I will make sure there is a car parking avaiable for you.

Phil Woods

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have scored this as average but only because of the breakfast, having spent £15 on it and not feeling that it was worth it. The food was either dry or cold, the only thing really hot was the toast. It was also very sparse and were not being refilled. I was looking forward to a cooked breakfast and felt rather unsatisfied.
A bit disappointed that outside the hotel were quite a lot of cigarette ends.

However the room and staff were great. The room had a comfortable large bed with extra pillows if needed. A large shower room pod. This hotel is so close to the town centre, everywhere is in walking distance.

Was only in Hull to see a show however we would stay here again, only without adding breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding the breakfast which we have since addressed.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

booked a room for two adults and one child,but when we arrived ,no family rooms anymore ,our child had to sleep on a very small camp bed ,which was very uncomfortable,no mention of this on website when booking.very disapointed

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank 617rob
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. I treat all feedback with utmost seriuosness and we are currently reviewing our availability of family rooms at Ibis Hull since we wwere flooded in December 2013.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ibis prices can be up and down, but I booked on Hotels.com using my free night. Really impressed with the receptionist lady and the room was lovely. Amazing bed and pillows (they do bang on about it in the literature! but it's true). I stay in Hull a lot and I'll be staying here next visit. Free wifi is great also.

Room Tip: They are all the same!
1 Thank paulsmith6020
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Hull. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good - well situated near to train station, nice size rooms, en suite although ugly was clean and had spacious hot shower, reception staff pleasant, bed comfortable although not well made.
Bad - curtains had back mould and should be binned, no hair dryer in room (have to sign for one at Reception!), no bin in the room not even in the ensuite, walls had a few marks and carpet did not seem clean to the point that I wore shoes all the time. I was staying over for work so it was acceptable, but I would have been disappointed if I'd been on a holiday break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Ibis Hull. I am delighted in general you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding the curtians and carpet which we are addressing.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for one night in April with a friend and his dad as we were going to The Deep. The price was good. We required 2 rooms and despite this it definitely didn't break the bank. Some of the decor is very dated and somewhat shabby and could do with being updated, and the rooms are very basic - the en suite rooms only have a shower, no bath. However it did what we needed it to and we were very relaxed there. The beds were comfortable and we got a good night's sleep. There was a little noise, which you would expect from being located in a busy town centre, but nothing to keep us awake. The staff were fabulous. So warm and welcoming on arrival, and so helpful during the stay. The breakfast was basic but nice, and it did the job and served its purpose, and at £5.00 was cheaper that at other budget hotels. We were very satisfied with our stay and would definitely consider staying again if we ever returned to Hull for any reason.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for tkaing the time to write a review about your recent stay at Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding the decor needing updating which we are addressing.

Solihull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed again at the Ibis in Hull and met Philip Woods the GM and his staff ..... all the staff have been there for years and there is a great team spirit .. and although it is a budget hotel, it is great ....... 10 out of 10, if you are staying in Hull and want to meet some great people..... book it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Hull. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.