“Great value for a groupon”
Review of Trinity Hotel

Trinity Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
“Great value for a groupon”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My girlfriend and I purchased a groupon for £54. This was 2 nights, 1 evening meal and breakfast both mornings for two people.

We had a double room which was basic but clean. Only issue was that the beds (2 singles pushed together) creaked so much that turning in the night was enough to wake you.

The meal included and the two breakfasts was fantastic. Brilliant food and quick service and totaling the cost of it all, we made our £54 back and more meaning the room was practically free.

Staff were friendly however there only ever appeared to be one staff member working te bar, restaurant and reception all at once and you couldn't always find them.

Only complait would be that on the second morning the music coming from the kitchen or bar was that loud and bass-y it sounded like a night club not a breakfast room.

Overall not a bad couple of days and great value for money (with groupon for £54 value worth £176.60) however would consider a travelodge or something similar for short stays next time.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Popeyejr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stopped for one night , thank god it was only one night, Whatever has happened to this hotel, I used this Hotel quite regularly and always found the staff and manager very helpful the food was always excellent,now however the staff dont care a reception without a receptionist( you check in at the bar if the staff can be bothered to check you in all too busy talking amongst themselves with and who I take was the New Manager he was very rude and pretty hopeless. The first room I stopped in had no hot water and had a strange smell in the room,I was given a different room, not much better the curtains are like tracing paper and the light from the industrial estate came straight through all night, the room was very basic , the tv had a very poor reception and looked like it was from antiques road show. I went to the restaurant for a meal and again was very disappointed what use to be a very specials board was a not very specials board and the food just about okay. We had to wait an awful long time to be served and an either longer time for the food although the the place was very quiet.
On checking out I mentioned my problems to the girl, she informed me that the place was for sale and she hoped it would soon be bought so that someone would re invest, its such a shame nine months ago a lovely place to stay, now its just neglected with staff and management that really dont care, Never again will I stay here

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank niccibabes
Trinity T, Public Relations Manager at Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
This review is for Hotel Farelli not for Trinity Hotel. Trinity Hotel is under new ownership and under new brand. We cannot take any responsibility for previous owners or a old brand.

Travellers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

cleveland, uk
Reviewed 15 June 2011

have stayed here a few times and when it was previously platform 1, have had lots of problems on each visit there since it being taken over,stayed in 3 bedded room to only have 1 set of towels,1 cup and hot water tap not working,never anyone on reception, always have to go find someone, manager talks the talk but needs to put customer service more into practice,had problems with milk being off in room, no telephone in room, squeaky beds, curtains with rips,barmaids more interested in talking to other staff than serving,one room had a foul smell in bathroom but was told that previous customers had had no problems in that room. Staff and management need to be trained in hospitality and customer service. travel to hull regularly and looking for another hotel to stay in after problem after problem.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Unclean rooms, functions on and could hear music louder than television in room, had to move rooms 3 times , never any staff on reception, you HAVE to find to find them, depressing hotel - ended up checking out early. Would not advise to visit this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joanne04421
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We were apprehensive about staying here after reading the other review. We shouldn't have been. The hotel is clean, inexpensive and handy for the party we were attending. We found the staff friendly, helpful and polite. We had no problem parking and the car park was secure.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. The breakfast the next morning was very tasty, although I'd prefer to have my tea in a teapot, rather than having to make it myself in a mug.

The only downside was the bed which, although huge, was very squeaky. No doubt this only required the use of a couple of tools, but obviously hadn't been done.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Withernsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel when it was Platform 1. We decided to give it a try for our wedding anniversary in the middle of December 2010. My brother and his wife came along with us although they didnt book a room as we had. On arrival there was no one at the reception desk to check us in, we waited and waited, in the end my husband had to go and look for someone, he even had to open up the kitchen door and shout, finally we were checked in. The room was really nice and we were very impressed with it but the toilet was stained and dirty. We were booked in for a meal at 9pm so went down at 8pm to meet my family, there was 1 person serving at the bar and it was total mayhem as they were having a xmas dinner event in the main function room and there was 250 guests, all which seemed to be irate at the bar at the lack of service. We got chatting to another couple at about 8.45pm who told us they had a table booked also which was for 8pm but no one had spoke to them or showed them to their table...not good! I asked the barmaid where the manager was, and why there was only 1 person serving over 250 people, she said he was helping in the kitchen and wouldnt come out. At one point the guests were so fed up of waiting they were all helping themselves out of the wine chiller and just walking off without paying, it was total chaos! Eventually after making a fuss we were taken to our table along with the other guests who should of been sat down an hour before. The food was quite nice but not a patch on Platform 1. After our meal we decided to go into the function room where there was a disco....BIG mistake, it was terrible, everywhere you looked people where fighting...women were dragging other women about by their hair and there was fists and drinks flying everywhere. We decided to go back into the bar area...BIG mistake again as there was another fight going on in there and police turning up. We finally gave in and all went back to our room for a quiet drink, but yet again there was a commotion going on outside...police and men and women all fighting in the street.
I have since complained to the manager who is very unhelpful and sarcastic. I would never go back to this hotel, it should have a warning sign saying ENTER AT OWN RISK over the door!
Finally, the next day on check out, yet again no one in sight at reception, had to go and find some one.
If you want my advice book into The Kingstown Hotel a few miles up the road.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sallythomas0506
brooksy32, Manager at Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2011
Thank you for the review, The evening in question was a one off, I have been at this Hotel for just under two years, and I can honestly say this is the first trouble I have ever encountered, Overall the month of December was very successful and the complaint you make is the only complaint the Hotel has received. I apologise for the fact that our receptionist wasn't available to check you in when you arrived or the slightly slower service than normal, this was due to the large number of guests attending the excellent Christmas celebrations. Hotel Farelli prides itself on offering the personal touch, and I look froward to greeting you in the near future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Not even worth the cheap rate. I really wished I had stayed somewhere else.....I booked this hotel for a one night stay on the 29th of Nov 2010 (today). The bar downstairs is empty apart from 2 members of staff however I am currenlty being kept awake by very loud techno music even though there are no customers...why they feel the need to blast out music on a tuesday night to an empty pub I dont know, especially when all the rooms are situated directly above???... I've politely explained that I have an important meeting first thing in the morning and need to sleep however nothing has been done to turn the volume down, its now almost midnight!. they have now started to ignore my calls to reception which isnt a sign of good customer service. The rooms are dirty and dated!! The floor in the room/hallway above constantly squeeks and bangs when someone walks past and only 2 tv channels are viewable and there is no remote control.

In my honest opinion you should stay somewhere else even if it means paying slightly more. I certainly wont be coming back, awful place!!.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business