“Never stay again”

Trinity Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
“Never stay again”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

You cannot tell who works in the hotel and who is a guest. One girl had her coat on throughout her entire shift. The bar staff are constantly on Their phones. They did not cater for how many people were staying so for breakfast we got told what we could Have to eat due to what was left. The shower was awful and the light went out half way through!

• Stayed November 2012
Trinity T, Public Relations Manager at Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. I have passed on your comments to the breakfast team and we have since enforced a strict no phones policy for staff during working hours. I hope you will consider staying with us again and finding our services greatly improved.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This hotel defo value for money. I love the restaurant. The Indian food is amazing. The DOSA is Amazing. U all need to try it. The room is basic but for the price you pay, you just can't go wrong. Parking free and secure compare to other hotel I've been.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks so much for your review, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the dosa, it's a particular favorite here in the hotel.
Reviewed 15 October 2012

What a shambles this hotel is, I booked a family room 3 weeks before our visit for myself my partner and our 3 year old son, drive for 5 hours to be told when we got there that they had no family rooms left and put us in a twin room and put up a z bed for our son, the breakfast was terrible no way near worth the money they charge, they took £10 off a night of our room but still paid more than what the room was up for, no apology no nothing, very noisy hotel banging about at all times of the night, I would never stay here again it was awfull, the only good thing about it was the lady that served breakfast she was lovely shame about everything else

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your feedback, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I have passed on your complaints about the noise and we have since done a lot to improve our booking procedures.
I will pass on your comments to the lady who served the breakfast, she will appreciate it, since your stay we have done a lot to improve the running of the hotel and hope that you will consider staying with us again sometime.

Travellers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

stockport
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Hotel is great and the inverse of most hotels which start very smart and clean at reception and get progressively more tatty and run down the closer you get to your room. This does not. The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel was neat. Only negatives are that the bed was the most squeaky piece of furniture I have ever encountered, and that sound travelled too well from the corridor to our room!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
north yorkshire
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Chose this hotel for it's locality for work the following day - located within an industrial estate, ample car parking to rear of hotel, friendly and helpful check-in. There is an indian restaurant adjoining to the hotel, so if you do not like indian food or the smell this is definitely not for you as there is a strong 'curry' smell throughout the hotel ground floor and restaurant. The double room I had was basic, but ok. TV was a very old style with a freeview box attached, fairly poor picture. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom had a shower only, no bath and some loose wood covering a pipe not fixed down. Good, free wi-fi with a desk to work from although the chair provided was broken and so hard and uncomfortable (lke an old school chair) So, no major complaints, certainly better than other budget hotels I've used in Hull but if I didn't need to be so close to work in the morning I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kromeandtime
Burton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I booked the executive room and found my self in what was described as the "Bridal Suite" the only hint that it was the bridal suite was the liberal quantity of confetti and glitter left behind by the last occupiers of the room which clearly hadn't been cleaned since they used it. There was a used and dirty razor left in the sink and a large quantity of long black hair in the bath. The curtains hung in shreds and were held together by nappy pins and weren't big enough to draw across the windows. Because of this the flood lights outside my bedroom windows lit up the room so strongly that I didn't need a bedside light on to read my book. Doors didn't shut properly, electrical fittings hadn't been set into the walls correctly and you could put your fingers into the live wires behind the sockets and switches. To top it off the fire alarm system wasn't working. All in all if I had realised all this at the point of booking in I would have walked away and forfeited my booking fee. This is a hotel to avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Book into any other hotel in Hull but for goodness sake not this one!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Helen H
Trinity T, Director of Sales at Trinity Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
This review is for Hotel Farelli not for Trinity Hotel. Trinity Hotel is under new ownership and under new brand. We cannot take any responsibility for previous owners or a old brand.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Booked 1 night at this hotel, with dinner, bed and breakfast. Room was ok but as the chef was off sick there was no dinner available. I had to get a local chinese take away and take back to the room. Next morning when checking out, there was no members of staff available at reception to hand key to and also get a receipt, so along with the other unhappy guests I had to just leave the room key on the reception desk and leave without seeing any staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business