“absolute nightmare”
Review of Trinity Hotel

Trinity Hotel
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We booked on line for thursday 24.07.2014 we arrived at 11.45am and was told we could not nook in till 2.pm that was fine my wife asked a question of the reseptionist and it was to much for her to answer properly we went away and csme back at 2.45 we got booked in and got the card for the room having to find the room in the maze we found the bedding on the floorand the room had not been cleaned we went reception there were cleaners sat at the bar and a man behind the bar after colaining they moved us to another room no windows in bedroom no lights in dresding area my wife sat down and cryed the pillow and quilt had slaver marks on this was the last straw ii asked to see the manager and was told he,s not in soi tolf the girl in reception to put the money back on our card as there eas no way i was staying there very didapointed

Room Tip: Enter at your own will
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cliff l

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We worked on an event here with the trinity hotel and have never received so much help.. advice and generosity. The event itself was for charity which trinity really took on board and took upon themselves tp assist in any way possible. The staff were all helpful and the small issue i had *ran out of loo roll* was immediately rectified. Would definitely reccomend this place for not just events but stays over night to. So reasonably priced and the function room is fantasticly set up with finiahing touches to make it extra special! Thank you so much guys.. s&j

2  Thank japalm
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Having read a few bad reviews about this hotel I was a bit dubious to say the least. However, I had nothing to worry about. The room was decorated absolutely beautifully and the service was perfect. After the service we retired to the bar area whilst the staff arranged the tables for the reception. Everything was perfect, the room , the decor, the buffet, couldn't fault anything. As the father of the bride I could not have been more happy. We had booked a room to stay for the night and the room was lovely, a nice comfy bed and tea and coffee on tap.
I went down to the reception at about 7.30 that revving and the room had been cleaned ready got the evening reception.
Everything went off great, a live band, the p45's were brilliant and the food on both day and night was lovely and plentiful.
I would like to say a massive thanks to Brian, Lauren and all the bar staff and cooks etc who did a fantastic job. Nothing was too much trouble.
At the end of the evening there was a night porter on duty who was very helpful and finished off our day with a few late drinks.
The following morning we came down to a lovely full English breakfast which was much needed.
All in all I cannot fault the establishment or the staff and would thank them again for making my daughter's and son in laws special day just perfect.
Would I use them again for any other celebrations? Definitely!!!

1  Thank Kevwalks
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip for 3 nights and there was not a problem at all, all staff wee well friendly food was lovely room were all you need as there refreshed on a daily routine with fresh bedding and towels cups and bathroom wiped out, coffee tea sugar and milks topped up everyday with a nice fresh linen smell to the room was well impressed with everything and would recommend it to everyone.....thank you trinity hotel for my warm welcome and happy stay x

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Toni C
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well we're do I start me and my husband got married here on 12th July 2014. After reading some bad reviews I must admit I was a little nervous and did go into trinity a few times to speak with Brian who put my mind at ease each time. The day finally arrived and omg I was speechless the room was stunning waking down the Isle I was so happy. After the wedding we had decided on a buffet which was beautiful everything you could think of was there and plenty of it. The staff worked so hard to get the room done and also the food and I would like to say a big thank you to each and everyone of you. Brian was a god send even making my aunties cups of tea. Lauren was also fantastic and if it wasn't for them both the day wouldn't have been so perfect. There was a few of us who had rooms there and the night porter was fab with us all letting us stay up to early hours drinking and talking. Finally the bridal suite was beautiful and the guests all said there rooms were to. Waking up Sunday morning we went down for breakfast which was also really nice and just wat we all needed. I would highly recommend Trinity hotel to anyone thinking of having a wedding or birthday party you will not be disappointed. I would just like to thank every member of staff for all the hard work and you have all made it a day we will never forget. Thank you from Mr and Mrs tozer x

2  Thank gemmatozer
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stopped here for 1 night for a girls night out. Hotel looked fine from the outside. Inside reception area and bar/restaurant looked good. Check in was quick, staff friendly. We eventually found our room as it was like a maze. On entering our room we noticed that we had no curtains on one of the windows. The wall lights didn't work. The bathroom taps were constantly running and the front of the shower tray was laid on the floor. The bedding was off white and not seen an iron. The only spare pillow had no cover and had blood stains on. There were no other twin rooms available so we decided to make the most of it and put a blanket up at the window for a makeshift curtain though this meant that we had the noise from the busy road. For all the inconvenience we asked if we could have a free drink each at the bar and this was agreed. We were back at the hotel for 11.30pm and the bar was closed. So we asked if we could have a free breakfast each instead. I'm glad we didn't pay for the breakfast as it wasn't worth the money being charged for it and it wasn't hot. The problem's with the hotel didn't spoil our overall visit to Hull and we keep laughing about our 'Faulty Towers' hotel. As other reviews have said the housekeeping needs to be more organised.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Trinity T, Manager at Trinity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Full apologies where given to you with regards to the room. Had we had any spare twin rooms, without a doubt we would of swapped you as soon as possible, however with it being a busy Saturday night, this wasn't possible. With regards to the curtain, yes a free drink was offered, which should of being available to you on that night, we offer 24 hour room service so as to why this drink wasn't available for you both I do not know. We will look into this matter. The curtain has now been resolved and a new set has been put up.
Regards, Management.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I f i was completely honest i booked this venue for my 30th birthday and was really nervous after reading some of the reviews but i am so glad i did!! We reserved the date earlier in the year so when we came to finalise some details the person i was dealing with had changed and so did some prices. I was worried so arranged to meet the manager Brian who did his best to put me at ease.

We sorted the full evening from start to finish and i left excited for the party. I can honestly say Brian went out of his way to make my birthday party amazing!! The room looked lovely with all the new lighting, they let me in early to decorate the room in my 80;s v 90's theme, placed tables where i requested, put posters etc..

The buffet was brilliant and many guest commented that it was the best party food they had had (we requested bacon and sausage sarnies, chips and curry)!! All went down a storm and was plenty, Brian even kept refilling the chips all night. The bar closed at 12am but the DJ kept going so we didn't leave till 2am and not once was we asked to leave or to start bringing the night to a close. The bar staff was lovely and helpful if we needed anything. Brian did some little touches which i thought was lovely, he was bringing over fruit shoots drinks to my toddler Daughters and my mother in law was rocking one to sleep and he went and made her a cup of tea which i thought was a lovely gesture.

I cant comment on the hotel as none of my party stayed over but overall i will happily book this venue again, i had a truly amazing birthday so thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jenna C

Many thanks for your lovely review Jenna. Was a complete pleasure working this night, helping set up, and planning everything with you. We hope your 30th birthday was one to remember!!
Many happy regards, Management.