All reviewsnight porterfree wifiwedding receptiongreat value for moneysingle roombudget hotelcity centredj
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We checked in as we were attending a night out and due to baby sitters it was easier for them to stay at our house and us to stay at the hotel. My husband and I booked a double room on a B&B basis. We arrived shortly before 3pm to find that our booking couldn’t be found. Eventually it was found and Booking.com had booked a single room for us. Obviously this is not the fault of the Hotel and Carla who worked on reception was brilliant trying to sort our problem. She managed to find us a twin room and did her best to rectify Booking.com mistake.
.The room was ok. It was shabby but the linen was clean and fresh. The decor and bathroom had certainly seen better days and the room was situated at the back of the hotel at the end of a maze of corridors and stairs. It was also in floor 2 and there was no lift.
After our evening out we returned to the hotel, the room was really cold but it was late and we were tired so went to bed.
We slept relatively well but on waking the room was still freezing. We got all sorted to leave but we booked to have breakfast so my husband went to the car with the bag and I went to reception eventually 2 members of staff came to the reception after waiting along with another guest wanting to order their breakfast. These members of staff had been outside for a cigarette break together leaving reception unmanned.
We ordered breakfast and was told where to get toast, cereal and tea, coffee. The coffee was a happy shopper instant coffee, needless to say I decided against and had orange juice, I decided to have a disposable beaker as the glasses were filthy. Breakfast was ok but the hash brown was far too over cooked.
Carla came back on shift and we discussed our issues and she tried her utmost to help. I really must say my review has been by far more lenient due to how helpful Carla is, she is the best thing about the hotel. She deserves a pay rise for her wonderful customer service skills.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Trinity H, Manager at Trinity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations with your breakfast you had with us in the morning and the heating within your room , i will pass this information on to the relevant department and I can assure you that we are continuing to work harder and are improving our hotel to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time. We are very pleased our staff helped all she could and will let them know. Hope to see you back some day. Kind Regards Trinity Hotel.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this place, I refuse to call it a hotel, overnight as I was attending a surprise party for a friend.Not so much shabby chic as in need of a complete makeover. The carpets were filthy. The laminate floors were cracked and broken. The service was mediocre and that's being kind. It is in the middle of an industrial estate with all the noise and overnight lights that go eith the said estate the curtains were so thin you could see straight through them, so no sleep!!!! we arrived at 1pm but were unable to check in so went to the bar the food specials on the board sounded nice but they don't do food at lunch time! I'm not even sure they wanted to serve us with a drink. I went to my room and had to climb on a chair to close the window as it was so high up. There were things in that place I definitely did NOT want to touch without gloves on it was so grubby. When we returned at night the front door wad locked the barman told us it wasn't safe to leave it open which meant we had to go into the dark car park behind the hotel and go through the back door, which went directly upstairs to the bedrooms obviously leaving this door open was safe enough for the guests but not the night porter. I paid £61 a night for a single room b&b, which had to be paid on checking in not checking in which was unusual had I not paid it up front I would have looked for a different hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations within our hotel , i will pass this information on to the relevant department and I can assure you that we are continuing to work harder and are improving our hotel to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time. Hope to see you back some day. Kind Regards Trinity Hotel

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I booked into this cheap hotel, as I did not want to spend a fortune on an overnight stay which was necessary to meet my brother off the 9 a.m. Zeebrugge Ferry. The taxi driver was not sure of the hotel's location (always a bad sign!), but when we found it, it looked like a reasonable youth hostel from the outside.
I tried to find reception, but all business appeared to be done at the bar, where a girl who was chewing gum was chatting to her 'mate' on the staff. I was not too impressed with the warmth of the welcome, but even less impressed with the fact that neither of them knew how to get to the ferry terminal....
When I moved from the entrance up the stairs, the hotel looked battered and bruised and signage in the corridors was distinctly lacking. I eventually found my room down a separate set of steps and opened the door with trepidation.
It was not as bad as I had feared, as there was a decent size bed and the telly actually worked, but the noise from the air conditioning unit was really obtrusive and continued through the night. The shower was old-fashioned and it was very difficult to sit on the toilet as your knees rubbed up against the shower unit.
Having had minimal sleep thanks to the incessant noise and the 'invasion' of the hotel by young men and women coming from nightclubs at 3 o'clock in the morning, I ventured down to breakfast, getting lost en route. I need not have bothered, as it was the worst set-up I had ever seen: cereals with no milk available, DIY coffee (again without milk) and large, chunky white bread to fit into a dodgy toaster!
At least it was over with quickly and was glad to check out, again asking the way to the ferry terminal of the bloke i/c breakfast to no avail.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank richardanderson854
Trinity H, Manager at Trinity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. I have addressed these issues to the relevant department and I can assure you that we are continuing to work harder and are improving our hotel policies to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time. Hope to see you back some day. Kind Regards Trinity Hotel.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Our stay was from 1-4 September 2017. There was no light in the windowless bathroom of my room. Whoever set up the room that morning must have been aware! Despite reporting the fault several times and the staff being very polite, it was not put right. On the third night at my instigation I was moved to another bedroom. To my astonishment one of the staff said that it hadn't been possible to replace the light bulb because they were 'busy'. Putting all other considerations aside there seemed to be no understanding of health and safety. The website lists the facilities in each bedroom. In my case: no phone, badly functioning TV, no double glazing. I think this is a management problem. The young staff were eager to please but there seemed to be no clear procedures or someone with overall responsibility.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Mainly hotel for workmen but it had a car park which is why I stated there. It is cheap and the staff are helpful and friendly. The towel rail was broken and mattress old but for one night it was fine. The price was very good. Breakfast was cheap and good.

Room Tip: Ask for room at back as front is facing busy road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations in your room, i will pass this information on to the relevant department and I can assure you that we are continuing to work harder and are improving our hotel to give our guests a great hospitality experience each and every time. Hope to see you back some day. Kind Regards Trinity Hotel.