“Superb High Quality Bed and Breakfast”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cornerbrook Guest House
Haddington, United Kingdom
“Superb High Quality Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for two nights...we were welcomed on our arrival and given our room keys...The place is absolutely spotless our double room was very well laid out with a very comfortable bed ample cupboards and wardrobe space ...The ensuite shower room had a very powerful shower and very hot water at all times...there was traffic noise but it is situated next to main road into Hull and did not affect our sleep...the breakfast a full English was delicious and freshly made on our arrival downstairs...we would stay again and would recommend it as a stay if in Hull ....there is also Private Parking with an electric operating gate with fob on room keys ....

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank FullAmmoLocnLoad

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newcastle
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed three times in November 2013, for a total of about 10 days. Spotlessly clean, great breakfast and very fast and reliable (free) internet connection. That is all that I really want. The owners have owned bigger premises in the past (in Filey, I think) and that they know the business inside out is very apparent. Two of my visits were in the non-en suite single bedroom, but I didn't find that a problem, and a bath robe was helpfully supplied. I certainly didn't find traffic noise onerous, as another reviewer appears to have done; I wonder whether the chap had his window open?
Only two minor quibbles: The shower in my ensuite room wasn't very powerful (as was also spotted by somebody in the visitors' book) and I sometimes found waiting for breakfast frustrating: One needs to tell the owners the time that one wants to eat. I was asked every morning whether I wanted 'cereals', and I declined every morning, but I still had to wait a significant amount of time for the cooked breakfast (in the context of a morning when one is in a rush). However, when the owners went away, and the locum, Alison (who is lovely), was doing the breakfasts, she served mine up to minute-perfect precision every morning.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B and B. It is excellent. You need to book in advance though. The reason that I could only get a non-en suite room on two visits was that it is, for good-reason, almost always fully-booked.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RexyRoo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The rooms here are beautiful, the decor and bathroom tastefully done, the welcome nice, and the breakfast was very tasty and well presented. I was given gluten free bread (yay) and fresh decaff. coffee. It was divine.

However, I am unaccustomed to such heavy traffic passing by my window almost all night. The website says it is on the main road, but I didn't expect quite so much noise. The house/room and bed shook when large trucks went past on Beverley Road (the house is literally right on the corner of this busy road). I was not aware of this when I booked. The noise of sirens from police cars, fire engines and ambulances early evening was also a bit much. I asked for a quiet room, was not offered another solution, apart from putting a pillow over my head. Not very helpful.
I had booked to stay 3 nights, but sadly, I just can't stay.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 2 if you can. The bed is right beside the window which is right beside the busy road!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank zumayla
Leeds, Yorkshire
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Very clean and a friendly welcome. There is secure off-road parking and parking on Desmond Ave too. The guesthouse is on the corner of the main road from Hull City Centre and a short and easy trip to the centre and yet it was very quiet. My ensuite single room was small (and advertised as such) yet very thoughtfully prepared with such things as a folding table. Great details (bath gel etc) and good quality towels. A lovely breakfast set me up for my day's work. I will certainly stay here again next time I am working in Hull.

Room Tip: Although my room faced the main road, it was double-glazed and quiet. Even when I had the window op...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DaphneFranks
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for five nights while visiting Hull a few weeks ago. The property was spotless. The room fit my needs perfectly and the breakfasts were delicious. I unconditionally recommend staying here when in Hull. The location is great especially if you are visiting the University. The off- street protected parking is also a plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank FJAMD
York
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at this guest house for one night. The welcome was friendly. The bed was comfortable. The off-road parking (with an electronic gate) was useful. The breakfast was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ph1lh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston-upon-Hull
The Royal Hotel Hull
#5 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Cornerbrook Guest House? Share your experiences!