“Delicious cheese on toast”
Review of Vintage Cafe

Vintage Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe, Homemade,clean
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A very friendly and welcoming cafe in Hull's Chanterlands Avenue. I had cheese on toast, which was delicious and served with homemade chili jam, which I immediately decided to buy a jar of. Lovely crockery, and plenty of lovely objects for sale.

1  Thank AndyWildman

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

After reading a review on the internet, I thought that I would give Vintage Cafe a go and I am so happy that I did!!!!

From the minute that my mother and I set foot inside, we were made to feel welcome. Alison, Angus and Lexi are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about all aspects of gluten free food. It felt like popping in to see friends rather than visiting for the first time!!!

I intended just to have a light snack and a cup of tea but, ended up buying two different types of cake, two lots of savoury muffins and some delicious gluten free chilli jam. And just to make things even better the pricing is fantastic value.

Thank you so much and see you again very soon!!!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I love going to this charming little cafe. The staff are friendly and accommodating and the food is fresh and prepared in house and is of excellent quality. The freshly made soups are a particular favourite of ours.

The cafe is clean and nicely kept with (as the name suggests) a vintage feel to it.

If you need gluten free food as my wife does then you're in for a treat as many of the cakes are gluten free and yet are just as delicious. Prices are very reasonable too.

All in all a lovely little cafe with friendly staff and worth a visit.

1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 29 October 2013

On a very wet lunchtime we popped into this café with our baby granddaughter and to be honest, we only went in to escape from the rain! The café was very busy and we sat on a sofa in the back room. The owners found room for our pram and brought a high chair for us to use. We had baby's food with us and our server asked if we would like the food warmed up. This they then did and also asked us if we wanted the wet blanket drying on their radiators. We ordered 2 sandwiches and a pot of tea. The sandwiches were delicious. The lady who brought our food - I think one of the owners - entertained Alice whilst we ate our meal. Excellent service, friendly and helpful service and great food. We will be going back.

3  Thank spencerquist
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a lovely delightful cafe, warm and friendly with incredible pricing, giving value for money. It's at the quieter end of Chants Avenue too so pleant of parking around about. Recommended.

2  Thank Rarelesserspotted