“Very refreshing”

Dockyard Restaurant
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian, Italian, British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: It is always a pleasure to dine in the warm and friendly atmosphere at Dockyard Restaurant at Trinity Hotel. We offer variety in our menu and our team of chefs select only the finest quality produce, which is expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Our refreshed interiors and new menu evokes an ambience to recreate the culinary delights. The Dockyard menu is all about big British flavours handled deftly and with sophistication. Our food is nothing but simple classic dishes: uncompromising in quality and quantity. Our Restaurant offers wide range of choices from the menu, Chef's daily / specials and an extensive wine list. The Lounge Bar, located on the ground floor, is a comfortable bar with large flat screen TVs and is open seven days a week, serving lunch, dinner and a selection of light bar snacks. Great for after-work drinks, lunch meetings or a quiet coffee.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very refreshing”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have tried Indian restaurants before however this is the best I have ever had. The food, flavour, spices, so fantastic it was very refreshing to taste different Indian, which looked very healthy non greasy with less or no traces of oil. I tried the Kerala fish curry which I will recommend to many and my experience is unforgettable.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gareth W

Maidstone, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The very Best”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Wow what a fantastic restaurant., was surprised to see this situated within the Hotel I stayed. Food is amazing and I can't wait to come back to Hull to try the rest of the menu. I have travelled to India a lot and would definitely recommend this restaurant. It is well worth a try and I am sure everyone would go back here just for the delicious authentic Indian.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Adam H
Hedon, United Kingdom
“Undecided”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Our first visit here & we were blown away by how nice the food was. However we did a return visit & although the food was fresh & well prepared it wasn't as good as the time before. I had the dosa starter which had a potato filling but they had been very sparse with the filling so I had too much empty pancake. Hubby had the cashew nut starter & he said it was excellent but he got bored of eating it as there was too much. Our main courses came & we could not tell them apart & they tasted exactly the same although mine should have had coconut milk in it I could not taste any. The waitress is a really friendly helpful girl but the food lets this place down, I'm not quite sure at this point in time if we will be returning

Visited June 2013
hull
“Food good service poor”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The title sums it up really which is a shame. Arrived early for our booking so we had a drink at the bar.

Booking time arrived and we went to the table. Fourty minutes later we had to summon the waitress to take our order!

To be fair she apologised and gave us a free round if drinks which was unexpected but the service didn't improve.

Starters were delivered and were very very good.

Mains followed with some confusion as to which dish was which. One rice side missing completely and one extra curry because the 'chef cooked two' however we were not charged for it.

The menu is different to a 'normal' Indian and this is good.

With a little more attention to customer service and hospitality the restaurant would be amazing.

I really hope that it sorts itself out!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rustymark
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Best Indian food in Hull, and beyond!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We have eaten here on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. At first glance it is in a strange setting, and I admit if I had not heard about this restaurant through recommendation I would never have visited in this location, because I would not have realised it was there. However despite the position of the restaurant within a hotel the food is some of the best Indian food I have eaten in the UK.

The menu is traditional Southern Indian cuisine, including the delicious traditional Dosa, which is a giant (too big for the plate which adds to the excitement!) crispy pancake rolled up and filled with potato curry and served with a variety of pickles. All the curries are beautifully flavoured and there is a strong emphasis on fish and vegetarian which I particularly enjoy, though plenty of choice for meat eaters.

One thing you won't find though are the usual bland 'meat floating in sauce' type hideous curries that seem to be offered at the average Indian restaurant. Swadh curries are like real dishes that you might find in Southern India, properly spiced and full of flavour and there are a range of other interesting things to try that you would not find on the menu in standard Indian restaurants. It is very reasonably priced and we have always found the service very good.

My only advice would be to the restaurant owners to move nearer to the main eating hotspots in Hull, such as Princes Avenue, create a restuarant with a bit more atmosphere than is possible within a hotel and then perhaps more people would find out about this delicious gem and it would get the high level of business that it really deserves.

• Visited June 2013