“Up market lunch stop”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had read a good review in the East Riding Mail, so as we were in the Hull Old Town Area, we thought we would give Garbos a try.
As you open the door the place shouts up market, modern, loads of space, bright, need I go on.
Looked at the menu, pub classics with a modern touch, went to the bar to order, the bar staff really pleasant.
A very short wait and the food was in front of us, I had the Garbos Burger, very, very tasty, my partner had Steak Pie, he said it was full of tender meat, accompanied by a cabbage and leek mix and a generous portion of buttery mash, with an individual jug of gravy.
We looked at the Sunday lunch menu, can't wait to go to try the mini joint brought to the table to carv yourself, sounds great.
A nice touch -a young couple with a toddler sat at the next table to us, within minutes a waiter came to offer them a high chair.
Good food, good drinks, good atmosphere, great staff.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

we popped in for a drink but ended up eating there,the food was lovely i had a sunday roast(turkey) well presented and a lovely choice of veges my husband had the garbo burger which was also lovely and worth the money. The staff are really nice very chatty would definately go again and i must add beautiful decor

1  Thank sandie052
Reviewed 4 January 2014

How lovely Garbo's is! We had lunch in there today, my friend had the Halumi salad & I had the Chicken salad with chilli dressing, we both had a side of fried potatoes and a drink, it was well presented and generous portions. The decor is gorgeous, I just love the lighting! The staff are polite & friendly we were served quickly & attentively. Couldn't fault the place, highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have visited Garbos a few times and have always found the service and food very good. I was particularly impressed at my last visit with my husband. We ordered a bottle of wine and some food. The wine came pretty quickly but we realised that the food was taking some time. We weren't too concerned as we had tickets for a show and had plenty of time to kill. We were just about to say something when the waitress came over to our table, apologised for the wait, said the food wouldn't be much longer and asked if would like a complimentary drink. We both asked for a glass of wine and received two large glasses which surprised me. The meal arrived and was worth the wait - delicious as always.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

First visit to this Bar /Grill and very impressed with the whole look of the place. With it been a Christmas lunchtime it was fairly busy with quite a few tables reserved for groups of workers enjoying a get together.
We ordered a starter and main and I have got to say my homemade Fish Finger starter was lovely and my wife's homemade soup was very good. For mains there are a large selection of meals including Hot/Cold sandwiches to full meals. I had a Garbo's burger which was superb. Complimented by a good range of draught beers and lagers our lunchtime treat was well worth what we paid and we would recommend a visit to this Cafe /Bar