“Friendly and convenient”

Price range: US$7 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stopped for lunch here while waiting to board cruise ship, as the restaurant is very close to the docks. The food is standard chain pub style but fresh, well presented and the staff who served us were smiling and friendly. The whole establishment was clean and cheerfully decorated.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having visited on a Thursday at 4.30pm, I was extremely impressed by the personal service (came to the table to ask for our drinks order) and the quality/quantity of the food - we both had the 10oz rump steak and it was really good, exceptional value and great portions.

Had I reviewed the restaurant immediately after the visit, as I would normally do, it would have received very high scores and an exceptional review. Unfortunately I went a second time as I decided to treat a friend for her birthday the following Thursday, again at 4.30pm and unfortunately, the second dining experience was nowhere near as good. The service was really poor, the steak ('cowboy steak' this time) was really poor quality and very fatty. Every time I wanted serving or to ask something, I could not find a waiter/waitress.

After the first visit, I had envisaged going here regularly ... but after the second visit I would be surprised if I ever visit again as it was so disappointing. To have two meals within the period of a week that were so different in terms of quality of food and service was so disappointing. The prices are fair, it is a 2-4-1 which always means you cannot go with an odd number of people of course, so not sure why they don't just cut the prices!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were visiting Hull as a family on Monday 31st March and had looked at the opening times of the Goldcrest on the website as we would be travelling quite a distance and arriving at 11.30ish. The website claimed that the Goldcrest opened at 11am on a Monday and still states that. We arrived at 11.30 - the front door was unlocked and we entered hoping to have a coffee before going on to other places in the historic city. We were chased out by a member of staff who claimed that they did not open until 11.30 (which time it was anyway). Very embarrassing. Never been chased out of a pub before !! The pub/restaurant then opened a minute later but we were then told that they did not serve food until 12noon and they were expecting a large party anyway so we would not get served before we planned to leave at 12.30. A very strange, not pleasant, experience. The website needs to be updated if the Goldcrest does not open until 11.32.

1  Thank Dr S
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Amazing service, the food was very nice and we weren't waiting long for our meals. The manager kindly reserved us a large table for Mother's Day so we weren't crammed on a small table. Everything was tip-top! We definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Went Tuesday 18th Feb. Won't be going back. Ordered our drinks at our table, just a beer & a Pepsi. 15 minute wait. Waitress took our order, 30mins before it arrived. I got 14 chips with their signature burger. £11 it was advertised for. U get the same in a Weatherspoon's for £5 & that includes a beer. Shame because the pubs looks real nice

1  Thank David L