“Cracking value ”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Cracking value ”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with my daughters who are fussy eaters . The menu suited them and myself then i stumbled upon the Specials board OMG its amazing . Good friendly surroundings excellent ales . Get yourselves there .

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Improvements needed!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We live close to The Goldcrest and really hope they improve the standards so we can enjoy a visit to our local within walking distance regularly. Otherwise I can't bring myself to pay for yet another dire meal there! We have been 6 times now reluctantly as every time is a disappointment and a waste of money. The last time for example consisted of nachos to start which was literally a small dish with a handful of nachos with melted cheese on top, no salsa and no sour cream despite stating on the menu and a request made to the staff. The vegetables with my chicken meal looked like they had been zapped in a microwave far too long resulting in being dry with a brown tinge to them and we're left on my plate. My daughters kiddie meal was a dry overlooked piece of battered frozen fish with overcooked brown chips. My partners meal was equally poor and we all left feeling unsatisfied having been fed let's face it frozen food cooked very poorly. This has been a similar case on other occasions too. Such a shame as the venue is child friendly and in a good location.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank 123ClareBear1973
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Great for a 2 for 1 pub meal”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a loverly 8oz rump at the Goldcrest, with a veggie burger for the wife and child's meal for the daughter. Couldn't fault it, and this is the second time we have eat there and always find it very good for the price. We found very good service as well with the bar staff offering to carry our drinks to our table as I can't walk very well at the minute and they could see that. Would/will go again.

Visited June 2014
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I visited The Goldcrest twice last month and after an excellent first meal, the second was very poor resulting in a bad review and a comment I doubted I'd ever go there again. However, at the suggestion of a friend I have given it another go and I am so glad that I did, the meal was excellent.

We both ordered the 10oz rump steak and both thoroughly enjoyed the meal, I honestly couldn't fault the meal or the service, which was exceptional (someone has complained about the service, but it's a pub, not a restaurant!). I'd highly recommend giving this place ago, it is excellent value and the quality of the food is also very good.

I see someone else has commented don't take children, and I'd second that not because of the food, but because that is the only thing that spoiled the meal and the otherwise lovely restaurant: the noisy, undisciplined children whose parents cannot be bothered to stop them shouting, screaming, running around and generally spoiling everyone else's meal. Unfortunately this is a common occurrence nowadays.

• Visited May 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“excellent value”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The 2 for 1 menu is extensive but they still offer a large selection of specials also on 2 for 1 basis
We visited on 2 consecutive nights and thoroughly enjoyed our meals, the service provided was also very impressive.
This is a Marston's pub/restaurant which we find tend to be great value.

• Visited April 2014