“Cinema virgin”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cinema virgin”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I visited last night for the first time. I was so impressed lots of refreshment choice and friendly staff. The facilities were all comfy and clean and sound/picture quality was amazing. Can't wait to go back.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Let Me Down”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I came here regularly whenever I visited cinemas but ever since my experience last April, I will never return.

It was Saturday 13th April 2013. Me and my friends had just paid to get into Oblivion and we got in. We found it a rather boring film however still stayed reasonably quiet in order for the other customers to not be frustrated. About 20 minutes later an elderly gentlemen in the audience further down in front of us hurled abuse at us and threatened to get the staff onto us. This sparked a chain reaction and another group of people also took it as their chance to speak to us in derogatory manners. A staff member came 5 minutes later to tell us that we were to leave the cinema. I told the man to have a reasonable conversation about this outside in the main lobby in order that we do not disrupt this film. In the lobby, the staff who had escorted us out allowed me to explain my piece however we were followed by the gentlemen who had gone to get the staff member in the first place. I was told that I had "wasted my money" and "what's the point in paying money for a ticket when you're not even watching the film". I took this as an invasion of the privacy of my business which had no real concern towards him and the staff member allowed him to speak to me like this. The staff member then realised that he needed assistance and phoned for another staff member to come and deal with us in the same way a baby cries for its mother because the older brother has just changed the channel on the TV. The lady arrived but only to hurl more abuse at us. I was told to "go back to school". Very offensive words towards me and I never did file a complain however looking back I should have done really. I have not used this cinema since.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank George B
Kingston upon Hull
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good cinema but frustrating queuing”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

In general all the screens are good with nice sound. However the system of buying tickets and food at the same times results in unnecessarily lengthy queues. The other quible is that if you arrive just before 6pm then the carpark charges you a lot extra, from 6pm it is just £1.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robby007
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
305 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 340 helpful votes
“Good cinema, not much competition”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The Vue is pretty good as a cinema, and its location is ideal, perfect for public transport, and those who happen to be in town. But Hull is nothing like what it was when I was growing up there, with multiple cinemas to choose from.

Still, the Vue is clean, not too expensive, and I particularly like the VIP seats for not that much more cash.

As for the quality of picture and sound, it's first class.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jeff P
Hedon
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great screens”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Excellent cinema - screen and sounds awesome - bit pricey but everywhere is now a days. Noticed a lot of people buying their snacks in Superdrug downstairs and taking them in with them- staff didn't get annoyed as long as no one was taking the piss.... A bag of chocolate is ok, a whole carrier bag of sweet might be pushing their patience

Visited July 2013