“Cinema to hot trailers to long”
Review of Vue Cinema

Vue Cinema
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I visited vue today with my partner and daughter and two friends I had to watch 30mins of advertising trailers which is far to long then the temperature increased as the film went on
When we came out every one was complaining and a girl asked us to fill in a survey
We did this and the girl told us that they have to ring a firm to switch on the air con and then it takes it half an hour to activated this has got to be a joke what ever happened to a good old switch on the wall .???? I mean this is 2014
I shall not run to watch films here again

There are newer reviews for Vue Cinema

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

To the only cinema I go to in hull. Great picture quality and sounds. And usually nice and quite. Like all cinemas expensive tho. Only bad thing is the ques. (Same she for food and tickets)

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I visited last night for the first time. I was so impressed lots of refreshment choice and friendly staff. The facilities were all comfy and clean and sound/picture quality was amazing. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I came here regularly whenever I visited cinemas but ever since my experience last April, I will never return.

It was Saturday 13th April 2013. Me and my friends had just paid to get into Oblivion and we got in. We found it a rather boring film however still stayed reasonably quiet in order for the other customers to not be frustrated. About 20 minutes later an elderly gentlemen in the audience further down in front of us hurled abuse at us and threatened to get the staff onto us. This sparked a chain reaction and another group of people also took it as their chance to speak to us in derogatory manners. A staff member came 5 minutes later to tell us that we were to leave the cinema. I told the man to have a reasonable conversation about this outside in the main lobby in order that we do not disrupt this film. In the lobby, the staff who had escorted us out allowed me to explain my piece however we were followed by the gentlemen who had gone to get the staff member in the first place. I was told that I had "wasted my money" and "what's the point in paying money for a ticket when you're not even watching the film". I took this as an invasion of the privacy of my business which had no real concern towards him and the staff member allowed him to speak to me like this. The staff member then realised that he needed assistance and phoned for another staff member to come and deal with us in the same way a baby cries for its mother because the older brother has just changed the channel on the TV. The lady arrived but only to hurl more abuse at us. I was told to "go back to school". Very offensive words towards me and I never did file a complain however looking back I should have done really. I have not used this cinema since.

2  Thank George B
Reviewed 14 November 2013

In general all the screens are good with nice sound. However the system of buying tickets and food at the same times results in unnecessarily lengthy queues. The other quible is that if you arrive just before 6pm then the carpark charges you a lot extra, from 6pm it is just £1.

1  Thank Robby007