“This place has improved so much! It's one of my favourite restaurants in Hull now!”
Review of Nacho's Grill - CLOSED

Nacho's Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited Nacho's when it first opened over a year ago and was highly disappointed and it was a while before we returned. We decided to go for lunch on Mother's day this year and had an excellent lunch menu that was reasonably priced and the food was amazing!!! Since then I have been back on numerous occasions. The portions are very generous and the staff were really friendly! Personally it's my new favourite down Princes Ave!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Visited here for an evening meal late last year.
We were sat at a table almost in the doorway, freezing cold every time anyone opened the door and people hovering about waiting for tables stood almost on top of us staring at our food...not great when you're trying to have a private conversation and relax.

Menu was disappointing, not a great selection and nothing special just bog standard nachos, fajitas and tacos which any run of the mill chain restaurant churns out.
I had a steak dish which was mediocre and my partner a fish special, again bland and boring when it arrived.
Both these were classed as 'specials' and came in around £15 each, WAY too much for what they were.
The red wine we had was ok but again nothing great and at over £20 I wish we hadn't bothered.

There are a lot of better restaurants within 2 mins walk of this establishment so they need to make improvements.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited Nachos on a busy Saturday evening, and the place had a fair view diners in. I'll keep this review short and sweet but to the point. The positives about our experience was the food. Starters and mains were good and full of flavour, they certainly weren't stingy with the portion sizes. The negatives - (1) Service was pretty poor, it was really slow, we waited a good while before anyone came to take our order, and this wasn't for the want of trying to get someone over to take the order; no one asked if everything was ok with the food, and trying to get the bill wasn't an easy task: (2) the music was so loud, it could really have done to be turned down a little, you couldn't hear what the person next to you was saying without leaning in, and definitely couldn't have a conversation across the table. We aren't fuddy duddies, and I'm not sure when the music is booming out what it adds to the ambience of the place. Overall would I go back? Yes, I'd give it another try.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

It was a quiet Saturday afternoon, but the welcome was good and the cocktails were potent and excellent value. We had six excellent tapas dishes and we will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Just had lunch here - the lunchtime special is 9.99 for an appetiser, main and drink. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised - we had chilli beef nachos to start with toppings in abundance and plenty of tortilla chips to share. I would highly recommend the rump steak chimichanga which left me comfortably full. The only reason we couldn't give it a 5 was that we arrived around 3 and the waiter that took our order finished his shift at 3 so our order was forgotten about. The waitress that took over apologised and afterwards we had no issues. Also the authentic Hispanic dance music was slightly loud for a lunchtime! Great Mexican at a reasonable price.