“Bob Carolgees six week stay”

Kingston Theatre Hotel
Chester, United Kingdom
“Bob Carolgees six week stay”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My partner (Tricia Liedl) and I had the good fortune to choose this hotel for the panto season 2013/14 whilst I was appearing at the Hull New Theatre opposite.
We both agree that the whole experience could not have been better, the staff and owner Gary could not do enough for us going above and beyond the call of duty and the meals were wonderful.
Our suite was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The décor throughout the whole hotel is tasteful and homely.
We each have adult children who all came to see the show with their partners. Their rooms were equally fine.
Apart from other meals we also booked in for the Christmas Day lunch and New Years Eve dinner and disco, both superb!
Anytime we are in Hull we would not hesitate to book straight in to this wonderful hotel.
Thank you so much to Gary, Angela and all your fabulous staff.
Cheers,

Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob C
GaryOKingsTher, Owner at Kingston Theatre Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Valued Guests, Thank you for taking time to review the hotel, we are so pleased you were comfortable throughout your stay with us, and in particular 'spit the dog'!
great to hear you enjoyed Christmas day and News eve, and your families enjoyed there stay to,
I hope to welcome you back soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Gateshead, England
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed for one night Friday 7th February at this lovely hotel. Check in was quick and easy and we were given our room key within minutes by a very pleasant and friendly receptionist. We had booked an executive room but on opening our bedroom door we were extremely disappointed as the room was only a small double although I must say it was very clean just a tad on the small side so my husband went back to the reception to sort out the mishap and was told that the executive rooms were being upgraded and that the booking had been made for a double room after explaining our disappointment and that we were expecting an executive room we were offered the honeymoon suite instead. Wow what a difference the room was beautiful with a huge bed, a sofa table and chairs set in a bay window and a huge tv. The bathroom was also impressive with a good array of toiletries the only thing which let it down was the over bath shower which was quite slow however this didn't detract from the overall ambience of the suite. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant that evening there was quite a good menu available and the food was nicely cooked and inexpensive. All credit to the bar and waiting staff who were all extremely friendly and made us feel relaxed and comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was equally relaxing with the usual choice of cereals and fruit juices followed by a full cooked English breakfast of your choice served to your table rather than buffet style. The hotel is in a quiet residential street and although there is no car park off street parking is free from 6.00pm - 8.30m be warned though at precisely 8.32am we saw the dreaded traffic warden putting parking fines on a couple of cars. The hotel is only a short 5minute walk into the centre for shopping and entertainment and if we are visiting the area again we would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Thanks to everyone for helping to make our short stay so pleasant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary O, Owner at Kingston Theatre Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
dear valued guest Thank you for taking time to review the hotel, I'm sorry to hear of our shaky start
I will of course be taking action to prevent any such mishaps happening again in the future,
some essential work had been carried on the Executive rooms, and this should have been conveyed to your good self's , prior to arrival
on a more possessive note i'm please to hear you enjoyed the Honeymoon suite, and the facilities of the Hotel, I will feed back your kind comments to all the relevant staff, Thank you once again for your kind and supportive comments, I realise there are many hotels for you to choose from, I appreciate your valued custom. I do hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the not to distant future
Hull East Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We had a party for my husband's 60th birthday at the hotel and it was fantastic the buffet was excellent, the music just right for the occasion and the manager and staff were brilliant. We stayed the night, the room was excellent. We had breakfast the next morning which was again excellent. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for you kind review I am pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay and celebration with us, once again thank you for your patronage, we realise there is a wide choice of venues to choose from and greatly appreciate your custom
look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family have regularly met here for Sunday lunch for several years now. The food and service is always good and the staff very helpful and friendly. Our only criticism is that there is only ever one Vegetarian dish offered for Sunday lunch, Mushroom Stroganoff, as vegetarians don't eat fish so that is not an option. The Kingston Theatre Bar would score 5 for Sunday lunches if only they could offer a different Vegetarian dish every month not just the same dish every Sunday. Apart from this, we love this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Gary O, Owner at Kingston Theatre Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Valued Patron, Thank you for your kind review, I will pass on all feed back to the team
I take note of your comments referring to one vegetarian option on the menu and have introduced a second option or alternatively we can always prepare a special request providing we are given 24 hours notice
once again may i take this opportunity in thanking you for your loyal patronage and look forward to welcoming back soon

Kind regards

Gary
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had the pleasure of two stays at this hotel throughout 2013 whilst attending open mic literature evenings. Superb service and staff throughout both. They were very friendly and recognised me right away on arrival both times, before even verifying it with the sheet. Tremendous efficiency and welcome made my brief visits both feel like a fortnight. Pleasant relaxed dining room and a bedroom equipped with more facilities than I've seen in a four-star room I've stayed in before. The bedsheets could benefit from being slightly bigger in the single room I had on my December stay but I'd let that pass as so many positive points outweigh. Expect to be treated like the King when you come to this king of hotels. Dave Attrill (poet//writer ), Sheffield

Room Tip: If you are travelling solo, a room with a large bed is still advised.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave A
GaryOKingsTher, Owner at Kingston Theatre Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
A Rather belated response, however may I thank you for taking time to review the hotel,
I'm pleased to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us, in particular your comments regards
to your welcome by the reception team
I realise there is so much choice of hotels in the area, and value your patronage

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Hull

Kind regards

Gary Osborne
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

stayed a Saturday night at this lovely hotel in a double room on the 3rd floor .It was my husbands 60th birthday and I treat him to a night away and an evening at the casino .The room was very warm and cosy ,it was freezing outside.The bathroom was spotless and the breakfast very good.The parking just a hundred yards away is free after 6 and all day Sundays.All in all a lovely weekend at a cost of only 60 pounds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked a party of 24 for a surprise 70th birthday family celebration Sunday lunch. The hotel also had two other large bookings that day, In the run up to the day the staff were extremely efficient and accommodating. On the day the table was prepared beautifully with fresh flowers provided by the hotel and balloon displays that we had delivered with our cake the day before. The cake was displayed on it's own table. We couldn't fault the meal or the service and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though the restaurant was busy you would never have realised it from the pleasant attitude of the staff who were so obliging. I would highly recommend this hotel restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family