“A lovely building”
Review of Caffe Nero - Hull

Caffe Nero - Hull
Reviewed 10 June 2017

This Caffe Nero is set in such a lovely building, a former bank in Victoria Square. The service was quick and the coffee was piping hot. It is really handy if you have been to the Maritime Museum as it is just a few yards away.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Visited twice in the last two months, both times I was unimpressed by the same. First time it was very busy, tables not cleared/ cleaned & a long slow queue; second time extremely quiet but it took a very long to obtain two simple coffees.

Next time I visit Hull - will look for another venue, but I must admit I liked the building - built as the Yorhshire Penny Bank!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This Caffe Nero location in Hull is in a beautiful old building. I love catching up with friends on one of their comfortable couches. It is centrally located in Hull, right across from the city center and loads of shops and Prince's Quay.

The coffee and desserts are amazing, and customer service is outstanding. The barista on duty this morning (5 June) was super helpful to my vegan friend. She ordered a chai late with soy. She informed my friend the chai mix is milk based. She was extremely grateful. I was impressed because I have seen her take a lot of attitude from staff because of her beliefs. It was so nice to see a staff member be friendly and helpful like that.

Excellent location, friendly/helpful staff, great coffee, Caffe Nero has it all.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I visit this branch of Cafe Nero on most days on my lunch as I work around the corner.

I've found since the previous staff have left, the standard of service has gone down hill. The coffee is watery and the new staff are quite rude and not very friendly. Today I visited while it was quiet and not one table was cleared.

1  Thank Claire F
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Cafe nero is located in a beautiful building- architecture and design are some of the best in the city- overlooking victoria square. Food could never match that! Indeed not a great food offering but sandwiches and cakes are fresh and tasty. Staff very helpful and friendly. Excellent coffee.