“Unimpressed”
Review of Caffe Nero - Hull

Caffe Nero - Hull
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We popped in for a drink last night approximately 5.40 pm not realising it closed at 6 pm we had to wait in a queue service seemed slow. Place was busy with people having drinks. I ordered 3 teas which the young man started doing - another member of staff appeared and said we close in 13 minutes!!! As the drinks were nearly done i didn't say anything but why the staff member who was serving did not mention that they were due to close, he asked if we were staying in or take out. We sat down and there were a group of visitors to the City. We commenced drinking our tea which was not very good, at nearly 6 pm we were drinking Breakfast Tea!!!! The cups had been placed on tiny saucers not the correct size for the cup. The second member of staff came round again to say that they would be closing in 8 minutes, we did not rush although we were not enjoying our drinks and for the price were certainly not worth it. On the counter were dirty cups/saucers, tables were unclean and when we stood up the chair was dirty and dusty.
We will think twice before using this Caffe Nero again as some Reviewers have said this is to be found in one of our beautiful buildings in Queen Victoria Square.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

This Caffe Nero is set in such a lovely building, a former bank in Victoria Square. The service was quick and the coffee was piping hot. It is really handy if you have been to the Maritime Museum as it is just a few yards away.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Visited twice in the last two months, both times I was unimpressed by the same. First time it was very busy, tables not cleared/ cleaned & a long slow queue; second time extremely quiet but it took a very long to obtain two simple coffees.

Next time I visit Hull - will look for another venue, but I must admit I liked the building - built as the Yorhshire Penny Bank!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This Caffe Nero location in Hull is in a beautiful old building. I love catching up with friends on one of their comfortable couches. It is centrally located in Hull, right across from the city center and loads of shops and Prince's Quay.

The coffee and desserts are amazing, and customer service is outstanding. The barista on duty this morning (5 June) was super helpful to my vegan friend. She ordered a chai late with soy. She informed my friend the chai mix is milk based. She was extremely grateful. I was impressed because I have seen her take a lot of attitude from staff because of her beliefs. It was so nice to see a staff member be friendly and helpful like that.

Excellent location, friendly/helpful staff, great coffee, Caffe Nero has it all.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I visit this branch of Cafe Nero on most days on my lunch as I work around the corner.

I've found since the previous staff have left, the standard of service has gone down hill. The coffee is watery and the new staff are quite rude and not very friendly. Today I visited while it was quiet and not one table was cleared.

1  Thank Claire F