Gilson Hotel
Kingston Theatre Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)
US$83
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Hull Marina(Kingston-upon-Hull)
US$118
US$80
US$76
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Doubletree by Hilton Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
US$91
US$89
Priceline
  • Room Service
Premier Inn Hull North Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
US$78
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Hull Central(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Village Hotel Club Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewslimited parkingcity centredecent sizebreakfast staffgreat value for moneybar arearailway station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I am a GP and I work in Hull a lot, and I have made my rounds of most hotels in the town centre.

Gilson is a hidden gem.

It is great value for money, the staff are very helpful, the bar is really really cheap.

I cant comment on the breakfast / food because I havent eaten there.

The toilets are all brand new, clean and a good shower.
The beds are average - I was able to sleep without problems although I do fuss about bed quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BrumGP
Reviewed 3 June 2012

we stayed at the Gilson last night (2nd June ) as we were at a friends wedding , i totally agree with Valerie Dixon as they are really trying to make the business work ,my room was clean & tidy & i found the staff to be helpful i know on the night other customers had problems , but me & my friends had a g8t night, and we were both able to park are cars lol,

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank pamela p
Mukesh_Dhimar, Front Office at Gilson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Hello Pamela.

Thank you for your lovely comment. It is in out nature to strive to deliver the best service possible for all our guests. Your comment shows a true reflection on what we are hoping to achieve for all our future guests and that is to provide the most comfortable stay possible.

We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My name is Valerie Dixon I stayed at the Gilson Hotel on the 8th and 9th of March.
I want to say SHAME!!!! SHAME!!! SHAME on all who had made unkind remarks on this Hotel.

The staff are doing their best to provide a sevice. Your remarks have seriously Damaged the reputation of this hotel,WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FOR £29 pounds a night.I stayed with a friend we both shared the room, so it only cost £15 each.

If you are looking for a Grand Hotel you will pay a £100.00 a night, I call all Good people to stay at this hotel and give it a chance, to keep the staff in your prayers, as thay are all battle weary, starved of a kind word, and probably on a minimum wage.GODS HAND IS ON THIS. HOTEL.The hotel manager was amazing, we took a disabled women with us she was very helpfull. CALLING ALL CHRISTIANS TO USE THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: There are about 7/8 steps up to reception, so depending on how disabled, if you can walk up stairs with some help then you would be ok. Room 118 has a double bed and a single, it still only cost £29.00
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Valerie D
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Lets start with the good points....................... Erm well there isnt any

We booked into this hotel not expecting much but i can honestly say i have never EVER stayed in a worse hotel, After climbing up the first flight of stairs with my pregnant Girlfriend we were left waiting 15mins until someone answered the reception bell, i then had to get my pregnant g/f and all our luggage up the 2nd flight of stairs until we reached the door of our room which unless you are good at Rubix cubes you will struggle to crack, finally time to relax, so i got the stained bedsheet with the pubic hairs and my g/f chose the bed that may well of been on the floor it had collapsed and sunk that badly, i then went to change my room at reception and was met by the owner, the lovely Mrs Singh, im not sure she could of been any more rude or helpless if she had tried, a glowing report for her precious hotel. After calming down we retreated to the cesspit to try and get some rest and after closing the window to try and get rid of the terrible noise my view was disturbed by a young lady lets just say "working" right outside the hotel. after a terrible night sleep we got up for our breakfast and quite honestly i wouldnt feed pigs what was served up, when i asked for a warm boiled egg the non speaking chef brought me a scrambled egg out, enough was enough and we left sharpish, but not before 1last meeting with the lovely Mrs Singh who told me i was a moaning english ******* and i wasnt welcome there again......

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mrbBridlington
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Had been Staying at the Portland Hotel Just round the Corner but they were Full when i came back so Decided to stay at the Gilson, Well What an experience, What ever it tells you in there Write up, Do not Believe, I had no Tv so Told the Porter on nights and he said Tv would be in our room the next day, It Never Did arrive and neither did the heating the 2nd night so i always carry my portable 2.5 kw fan heater with me due to many experiences, So that was on 24/7 to warm room, They prob didnt make a profit on us that night with that going! Anyway apart from that, It smells Damp and there are no Anti steam Mirrors in the Bathroom like they say! Reception in the Picture is from another Hotel, Not this One! Parking is Total Chaos and its in the Bronx of Hull so dont leave the Hotel after Dark, Advice to all, Stay in the Portland or Ibis Close by, You Will Catch something here....

Room Tip: Stay at the Portland Hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business