“it really is in central hull”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gilson Hotel

Gilson Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
Leeds, United Kingdom
“it really is in central hull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel in the heart of Hull, just a stones throw away from the bus and rail station. The shopping centre, theatres and museum quarter are all in walking distance. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manuel P, Director of Sales at Gilson Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in Hull.
We are all very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you here again in future and should there be anything we might do for you on your next stay please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival, we will certainly do our very best to look after you!

Sales & Rooms Division Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice room, clean and very reasonable. Stayed here before. Only trouble is that breakfast is not included in the price anymore. Excellent location in the City Centre. Can get it cheaper than on line if you phone the hotel direct. Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Manuel P, Director of Sales at Gilson Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our property, it has been really appreciated.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass this onto the rest of the Team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in future and should there be anything we might do for you on your next stay please do not hesitate to let us know, we will certainly do our very best to look after you!

Hull, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel on bank holiday Monday, and found our check in very quick. The staff were very friendly, and more than happy to answer our many questions and requests. The room was quite clean, and very large for the size. We stayed in a Family room which cost us £60 for the four of us, which we found to be great value for money. We had two double beds with a TV and a reasonably sized living area with a desk. The bathroom was clean, and recently refurbished. The only thing we didn't like about the hotel was the garish pink on the exterior of the building. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it. We will visit again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Harry,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass this onto the rest of the Team.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back here again in future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here for one night and thank god it wasn't longer! Its dirty and the noise from other rooms is awful. No cold water so you can't get a glass to cool down. Its far too hot and the beds are hard and have lice. It was just awful. Don't stay here its a health risk!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank gfyuhg
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all our comments with utmost seriousness and we will investigate your issues accordingly.

Sales & Rooms Director

Travellers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

Montpellier, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall it was OK. I stayed 2 nights there for business. The hotel needs a makeover but it wasn't dirty. Very nice and helpful staff. No privacy at all, you could hear people coming in and out at all hours, and even your next door neighbour peeing at 2am... There was a very strong old plumbing/musty smell coming from the bathroom that had permeated the entire room. But everything was clean. I chose this hotel because it was right next to the train station. So if you're looking for a good standard, cheap, and clean hotel well situated in Hull I recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise for the noises, this is something that unfortunately is out of my control; I would probably recommend a room at the back of the hotel if available.
I am also very sorry for the smell coming from your bathroom, please rest assured the issue has been immediately addressed and surely not reflecting onto our standards.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back here in future and should there be anything we might do for you on your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly or any member of my team at any time.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Hotel is very well situated in the centre of Hull. For the price paid for the night (£29) for a double room, I was pleasantly surprised at the room I got. As I was working, I had my computer and printer with me. I asked for a room with a desk and got a mini-suite with a small living area, a separate bedroom and bathroom. I spent a quite night in a reasonably comfortable bed and managed a lot of work at the large desk that was in the living area. The free WiFi worked well and the staff were friendly and helpful with my large amount of luggage. Although this was not the Ritz, it was not the Ritz price either. One of the best bargains I have had. The only downer? I couldn't figure out how to get the scalding hot water from the tap to the shower head, so ended up with a tepid shower. For the price, I can recommend this Hotel

Room Tip: Ask for what you want in advance. For the price this Hotel should be full but its not.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Gilson Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you here again and should there be anything we might do for you on your next stay please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival, we will certainly do our very best to look after you!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Just came back from hull a group of 33 on a stag do April 19th and can honestly say we had no complaints our stay at the Gilson yes it's basic but for the money you can't complain rooms are ok showers are very nice it's got a great bar with cheap prices and breakfast was nice the 3 young ladies worked there socks as we drank the bar!!!the guy on reception was cheerful and helpful I've stopped at campanile many times but no more as the Gilson will be the place from now on I would recommend this hotel

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass this onto the rest of the Team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here again in future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time, I would be pleased to look after you.