“Did not honour my booking via laterooms.com”
Review of Gilson Hotel

Gilson Hotel
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very disappointed - given that I made a booking via laterooms.com. Apparently the hotel management had second thoughts regarding the tariff and rang me to say my booking was cancelled! As I was driving 100 miles to Hull to visit my 82 year old mother in hospital, I was pretty angry

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna R
Manuel P, Director of Sales at Gilson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Donna,

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all our comments with utmost seriousness and we will be investigating your issues accordingly.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at the Gilson Hotel in Hull for 3 nights.The room was a bit tired however it was always clean and tidy. Cannot comment on the catering side as I was visiting relatives and therefore ate with them. The bar i did visit and it was always clean and welcoming , the drinks were sold at a very reasonable cost and the barman was excellent company and helpful. The reception staff always had a welcoming smile and always helpful and polite.Wifi was completely free in all locations of the hotel which makes a change as quite often when it is free it in a specified area such as the bar. Would visit again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manuel P, Director of Sales at Gilson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Gilson Hotel.

Your comments are really appreciated and a special Thank you on behalf of all my Team, they always try to deliver best service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here on your next visit to Hull.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel in the heart of Hull, just a stones throw away from the bus and rail station. The shopping centre, theatres and museum quarter are all in walking distance. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful and welcoming. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in Hull.
We are all very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you here again in future and should there be anything we might do for you on your next stay please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival, we will certainly do our very best to look after you!

Pannu M.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Nice room, clean and very reasonable. Stayed here before. Only trouble is that breakfast is not included in the price anymore. Excellent location in the City Centre. Can get it cheaper than on line if you phone the hotel direct. Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Manuel P, Director of Sales at Gilson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our property, it has been really appreciated.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass this onto the rest of the Team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in future and should there be anything we might do for you on your next stay please do not hesitate to let us know, we will certainly do our very best to look after you!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel on bank holiday Monday, and found our check in very quick. The staff were very friendly, and more than happy to answer our many questions and requests. The room was quite clean, and very large for the size. We stayed in a Family room which cost us £60 for the four of us, which we found to be great value for money. We had two double beds with a TV and a reasonably sized living area with a desk. The bathroom was clean, and recently refurbished. The only thing we didn't like about the hotel was the garish pink on the exterior of the building. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it. We will visit again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Harry,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass this onto the rest of the Team.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back here again in future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here for one night and thank god it wasn't longer! Its dirty and the noise from other rooms is awful. No cold water so you can't get a glass to cool down. Its far too hot and the beds are hard and have lice. It was just awful. Don't stay here its a health risk!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank gfyuhg

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all our comments with utmost seriousness and we will investigate your issues accordingly.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall it was OK. I stayed 2 nights there for business. The hotel needs a makeover but it wasn't dirty. Very nice and helpful staff. No privacy at all, you could hear people coming in and out at all hours, and even your next door neighbour peeing at 2am... There was a very strong old plumbing/musty smell coming from the bathroom that had permeated the entire room. But everything was clean. I chose this hotel because it was right next to the train station. So if you're looking for a good standard, cheap, and clean hotel well situated in Hull I recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise for the noises, this is something that unfortunately is out of my control; I would probably recommend a room at the back of the hotel if available.
I am also very sorry for the smell coming from your bathroom, please rest assured the issue has been immediately addressed and surely not reflecting onto our standards.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back here in future and should there be anything we might do for you on your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly or any member of my team at any time.

Pannu M.