“Far better than the previous review”
Review of Fort Paull

Fort Paull
More attraction details
Owner description: Fort Paull is the only fully intact Napoleonic Fortress in the North. Covering 10 acres of land this Museum is full of Underground tunnels and rooms, fantastic exhibits and on most weekends throughout the Summer, fantastic displays and events. The Fort is also the home of the worlds only surviving Blackburn Beverley Aircraft. There is also a fully licenced bar and tea rooms on site.
Nottingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Far better than the previous review”
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We went in summer 2008 with a child in a buggy.Yes there are a lot of steps but I guess that was quite important when creating bunkers !!! We spent at least two hours and still did not get round all of the exhibits. The mueum was hugely interesting and great value for money at only £5 each adult. The place could do with a fresh lick of paint but it certainly does not spoil the day.

1 Thank NottinghamPaulW

grimsby
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Save Your £5 Entrance Fee”
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I have just been to Fort Paull Museum and as a season museum goer I must say this is the worst museum I have ever been to. First the whole place is a health and safety hazard, I fell over the piece of carpet in the first exhibition the amount of steps is incredible and in the tunnels there was one light bulb.
The exhibits are all over the place which half the time has nothing to do with Fort Paull at all, and the writing that describes the exhibits is either too small to read or so far away that you need a telescope to look at it.
The nicest part of the exhibition is the Beverly aircraft ( which was donated) and of course the pub. What happened to the Lottery money given to them I ask myself?????

3 Thank Stocko1964