“Best pizza”

Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kardomah94 is a bar, restaurant and venue located in the centre of Hull, East Yorkshire. The perfect combination of culture, good food and drinks, the venue will host a wide range of events, entertainment and arts, 7 days a week. Comedy performances, theater, live bands, art installations, video/film screenings, covering all genre, styles and tastes. Kardomah94 is located in the centre of the 2017 UK City Of Culture, Hull, in East Yorkshire, a stones throw from the historic Old Town. An exciting, unique venue that combines alcoholic and soft drinks, fantastic food, great coffee, theatre, music, arts and events. Kardomah94 stirs memories of the popular chain of Kardomah cafes, found across the UK in the early 1900s until the 1960s, while introducing a fresh new look and style. Kardomah94 stocks a wide range of local and world beers, wines and chamnpagnes. Sit back, relax and enjoy a local ale, or enjoy one of our 'house wines' with friends, opened for you at your table. Our chefs have developed some of the most incredible pizzas, flat breads and pastries for your enjoyment. The Kardomah Gang,The Kardomah Boys, or Kardomah Group was a group of bohemian friends - artists, musicians, poets and writers - who, in the 1930s, frequented the Kardomah Cafe in Castle Street, Swansea, Wales. Regulars included poets Charles Fisher, Dylan Thomas, John Prichard and Vernon Watkins, composer and linguist Daniel Jones, artists Alfred Janes and Mervyn Levy, Mabley Owen and Tom Warner. The cafe, opposite the offices of the Evening Post newspaper where Thomas and Fisher worked, was where the group drank coffee and discussed many subjects including Einstein & Epstein, Greta Garbo, Stravinsky, death, religion and Picasso. Kardomah94 is a cafe, bar, restaurant and events venue, established with the aim of creating a vibrant, unique and exciting showcase of all that is good in hull. Enjoy our incredible food, fantastic selection of drinks, and immerse yourself in the art, music, theatre and culture of this great city.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Had a coffee here a couple weeks ago went back today . All 3 of us had pizzas , lovely thin bases and lots of toppIngs. Arrived very hot which was good . So tasty but couldn't manage it all as was a substantial size .

1  Thank Justthemun

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first time we've ever been to Kardomah 94 and it was amazing the atmosphere was fantastic the service was amazing and the food was delicious and the look on my daughter face when the staff brought some cake singing happy birthday was priceless I highly recommend Kardomah 94

1  Thank nige07
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here Sunday 30/7/2017 at 1.00pm for a different aspect on a meal.
We ordered our drinks and 10 mins later we ordered our meals.
Starter meal was a mixed meat platter with olives/lettuce/mozzarella etc,this was really tasty and really enjoyable but it was served on a wooden platter and the food kept falling off.
Our main meals was a Caprese and mozzarella and pesto in a toasted panini.
Caprese in my Caprese experience was nowhere near a Caprese the more I went deeper in to the bowl it was full of plum tomatoes Caprese is not made with plum tomatoes and very sparse on the mozarella and since when do you put Parmesan on a salad.
My wife's meal was in no way a presentable looking meal and the panini was hard and the fillings did not complement each in any way.
As much as I liked the mixed meat platter would I go back I'm sorry but no.
I love a Caprese but this was a poor poor take and representation on a Italian classic.
Please note this is my opinion and my opinion only.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I would recommend any visitor to eat and drink in this restaurant.
It is one of the best places in Hull to visit.

1  Thank trixie15dusty1
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We popped in during the Hull Pride celebrations for drinks, we were greeted by a lovely young girl who was really nice and attentive she took our drinks order and double checked everything. The drinks were just as we ordered bit pricy though 4 soft drinks over £16! Granted we had two pints of fresh orange and lemonade but it was dearer then some of our alcoholic rounds at other bars around the city! That was the down point but the overall experience was good. TBH we had already eaten which was a shame because the food looked really good and oh my the cakes looked so inviting. Will be back to try the food