“Great value”

Holiday Inn Express Hull City Centre
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Modern, clean rooms. Love the choice of pillow firmness - nice touch. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Despite tie city centre location, the room was very quiet. Parking in the shopping centre is really convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Skegness, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed for the weekend and had a nice time. The hotel is very modern the rooms are basic but have all that is required, the room was very clean and non smoking which is nice. We were on the 7th floor so had a good view over the town and river. Breakfast was quite good and there is 3 hot items available, sausage, scrambled egg, and baked beans. a selection of bread and sliced bread for toasting. plus a quasant . plus unlimited tea and coffee, fruit juice. The hotel is very impersonal but the reception staff were pleasant. Car parking is in the multi storey car park and reception is on the first floor,

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
bradford
Reviewed 28 May 2013

A very good hotel for the price,only a couple of negatives one was we had a menu in our room advertising meals from 6 pm when we went down they were not serving food, it may of been a one off but we should of been told when we booked in, only other little negative was the pillows they were quite hard.
Will book again but will take my own pillow

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
hull
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed here with my daughter as she came over from Leeds for her birthday 11th May 2013. Her friend was supposed to come but had to pull out at the last minute so it was too late to cancel and I didnt want her staying there on her own. The room was basic but very clean and had all the amenities that you would need for a short stay like ironing facilities, hairdryer, tea & coffee etc. The beds were extremely comfortable and the staff were very helpful. The only downside to this hotel was the breakfast it was absolutley disgusting. The sausages were terrible, the scrambled eggs were over done and the bread was tasteless, infact it was so bad, even with a 'munchies' hangover I couldnt eat it........ Dont get me started on the coffee......blaaaaahhhh!!!! Other than that, not a bad hotel..............If you're reading this message all senior staff members, please look at resourcing your brakfast ingredients, or taste them for yourself and you will see where I'm coming from

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hull City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear christine g,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the breakfast served during your stay did not live up to your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving what we offer. We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Barton Upon Humber
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms are OK for a one night stay, fairly clean & tidy but not huge with little storage. Parking is £7 over night in the multi storey car park next door which links through to the hotel. Don't bother with the breakfast it's very cheap & tasteless....hot food is cold & cold food is warm.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Richard N,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied during your stay. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Can I start with the fact that I do not normally stay in budget type hotel accomodation but what I can say is that this hotel exceeds hotels I have stayed in within the £100 plus per night category. Car park right behind and £7 per night and you can walk straight into the hotel from there.

Hotel was immaculate, staff very welcoming from the outset and continued that throughout my stay. Breakfast was very good, they say food option is limited but I found it plentty and it was of good quality.

Room was very good and given they give free wi-fi and breakfast included in my £40 per night charge I think you would be hard pushed to beat this hotel for value anywhere in the UK. This hotel is a credit to its staff and management.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bath, Maine
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I travelled to Hull City from America to surprise my grandson on his tenth birthday. I'd contacted the management at HIE/Hull City Center to arrange for an early check-in, as I had been flying all night, and wanted a chance to freshen up before the mid-afternoon affair. I received a prompt reply to my inquiry. Upon checking in, I found a delightful room that met my needs perfectly. The front desk clerk (Dan 'the Man') got me situated, and later the front desk personnel arranged for a cab to the restaurant. My room overlooked KC Stadium. The fairly new St Stephens shopping mall is about 1 minute walk from the hotel, Paragon Station more like a minute and a half, which was very handy when I had to catch the airport bus at 720 AM. Housekeepers respected the 'Do Not Disturb' sign, but the day I took it down, my room was serviced in a timely and professional manner. The free breakfast was an added bonus. Last month, I had noticed on Trip Advisor that this property had been given some stick about 'only 3 hot items(eggs, beans, sausage). What those reviewers omitted was there is PLENTY of other items avaiable (fruit,yogurt,juice, toast, pastry,danish). Everyone, from the assistant general manager, to the desk staff, to the support personnel made me feel like I was part of the family. My girlfriend and I are coming to Hull for the week after the Open Championship in July, and can't wait to put our feet up at the Holiday Inn Express in Hull City Centre!!!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 6th floor facing KC Stadium, and I heard NONE of the street noise described in o...