“Introduction to Multi Pitch climbing.”

More than Mountains
Ranked #48 of 126 Tours in Lake District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a small, friendly company that specialises in tailoring courses to perfectly fit your needs. We offer personalised tuition in rock climbing and map reading and also multi-activity days for families and friends. Our courses are based throughout the Lake District. Come and try rock climbing, navigation courses, gorge walking, winter mountaineering, abseiling or a guided walk.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My friend Sam and I booked a two day private course with the intention of learning the skills necessary to move on to multi pitch climbing and also be guided up Troutdale Pinnacle.
The weekend was everything we hoped for and more...
Day one was an excellent instructional introduction to multi pitch and Nick’s calm, patient and thorough approach was exactly what we needed. And the fact that Nick had spent some time with Mountain Rescue was a nice little nugget of information I was happy to carry with me, I don’t mind admitting ha ha. A full day learning all about rope and stance management, topped off with a lesson on abseiling out of trouble in the event of a storm or injury etc.
Day two was quite simply an adventure of a lifetime I’ll never forget...not only was Nick enthusiastically happy to guide us up Troutdale Pinnacle but he kept a running commentary of instruction going the whole time, making sure we got the most out of our two days.
I cannot recommend this company highly enough and would like to add an extra thanks to Jill for going above and beyond and searching out a climbing partner for me a few months back when I was temporarily partnerless...thanks again folks, loved every minute.

Jill C, Owner at More than Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you so much for the lovely review Jim. We are so glad you both had a great weekend. Good luck with the climbing and we hope to see you again some time.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"introduction"
"advanced"

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and two friends have just returned from a great two days with Gill on a private intermediate navigation course. Fantastic tuition, learnt so much, Gill is an exceptional teacher and good company too! Can’t wait to get out on the fells and practice everything we learnt. Definitely recommend and will be back to do the advanced course.

Jill C, Owner at More than Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Caroline, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I really enjoyed my weekend with you all as well. I look forward to running an advanced course for you all.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I booked Nick for the third time (which hopefully tells you how much we have enjoyed his work), for half a day of kids climbing and a full day out in the fells. The kids climbing day was very wet but Nick kept four kids (10,8,7,5) excited and interested climbing and scrambling in Borrowdale for an afternoon.
For the full-day guided walk we headed up Helvellyn to tackle Striding Edge in snowy conditions. Nick was a fantastic guide/coach as we got the crampons and axes out to tackle a decent challenge.

Jill C, Owner at More than Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. We are glad you all enjoyed another two days out with Nick.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Wanted more scrambling experience and confidence on terrain I didn't think I could safely manage. Nick led me and my partner up striding edge on Helvelyn giving useful tips and reassuring comments on the way. We both learnt lots and our confidence is now booming. Definitely worth a private guiding day-cheap day out being in safe hands from start to finish. Bring on sharp edge!

Jill C, Owner at More than Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. Hope you have fun using your new-found knowledge.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Just completed a one day navigation course run by Jill. It was really good. Very informative and I learnt a lot. Jill was really patient and had a great teaching style, patience with a sense of humour. Will now put in to practice what we were taught and hopefully book on to the 2 day Intermediate course sometime in the future. Would definitely recommend this course/company to anyone and everyone who wants to learn the basics of map reading.

Jill C, Owner at More than Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are really glad you enjoyed your day. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.