“Loved it.”

Luigi's Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 118 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Slough
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

10 day holiday and 3 meals here must say something. Food was always piping hot and service quick and very friendly. Portions were just a nice size and although the menu is small there was enough to make decisions hard. Even when busy i watched staff work hard to accommodate families with small children by heating baby food for them. I can recommend the profiteroles.

1 Thank 3gd3

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Warm beer and food. Small portions. No child menu. Wouldn't go again. Just didn't have any atmosphere.

Chorley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food good service good value”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were a bit put off visiting this restuarant after reading the poor review on service. NOTHING could be farther from the truth we found.
We dined early, getting 2 courses for £10, and although the wine is a little over-priced at about £23, the overall night was good.
Service was excellent, attentive and friendly.
Only 4 stars because the portions were a little small, but perhaps that's because we had the cheapie menu.
Anyway - will go again and would recommend strongly.
Well situated just opposite the main bus stop.

“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The restaurant fit our party of 9 in at short notice for which we were grateful but the positives really end there I'm afraid.
We were sat downstairs which has a strong smell of damp. The restaurant upstairs looked ok but the lower floor is a particularly unpleasant space to to have a meal.
The menu is completely unimpressive with very little choice on both starters and mains. We ordered starters which were average - garlic mushrooms, very short on mushrooms (they must have been running low!). The Bruschetta was the best of what we ordered. Obviously we all had pasta (that's all there is on the menu). One or two dishes were tasty but the Carbonara was severely lacking in taste. After adding lots of salt, black pepper and Parmesan it was edible. The lasagna and bolognese was not great.
The service was extremely slow. Everything we asked for drinks, food, the bill took ages to arrive.
We will not return.

• Visited August 2013
“Eating something other than pub grub in The Lakes”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Having taken the opportunity to take a short break in the beautiful, albeit wet Lake District I set myself a target of not eating pub grub. Don't get me wrong, I like pub grub and in this area there are many outlets serving great pub grub but it can all get a bit "samey" whilst somewhat expensive.

Having failed to get into the Thai Restaurant that had been recommended I set out to find something a little different and fortunately I found it. Luigi's is a small, traditional Trattoria (doesn't sell Pizzas) which looks quite romantic with tables on two floors. Well as romantic as Ambleside gets.

I was greeted very well by the friendly, cheerful and efficient staff and was given a table for two, which was set whilst I waited. The menu was simple with about 6 starter dishes, 9 Pasta dishes and several dessert choices. All was brilliant and my wife felt that the Vegetarian pasta on offer was one of the tastiest, most delicate Pasta dishes she has had the pleasure to sample. For me the food was also excellent. The food was washed down with an Italian red wine, priced at only £3.50 per glass, which in these parts, is very reasonable indeed.

I was so impressed we went again and found that there is a "happy hour" between 6 and 7 o'clock when you can get a starter and a main for only £10! Brilliant. If you are in the area I most definitely recommend that you give it a try but again, it being small, book first.

Visited August 2013