“Early menu extremely good value”
Review of Luigi's Restaurant

Luigi's Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 121 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We ate here early to enjoy their 2 courses for £10 offer. The choice was very good and the size of the started portions very generous considering the price. The staff were very friendly and we only wish Luigis had been open the previous evening as we would have liked to have dined here again. Whilst most other eating places were on the very busy main route through Ambleside, Luigis was about 75 yards from this and therefore was much quieter and more relaxing. They soon got very full. Excellent value for money,.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice Italian waitress and lovely food. We were deliberating between Indian and Italian and chose right.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had walked past Luigi`s about 6.30 and it had looked busy so after a pre dinner drink in a very nice pub/wine bar opposite Atelier, and with the rain drizzling down we went back to Luigi`s.
By 7.30 we were 2 of only 6 people in there and nobody else ventured through the door, probably because the early diners were all in there taking advantage of the £10 2 course early bird deal.
So down to business, my first glance at the wine list made me shudder, not much below £22 a bottle except carafes of house wine so no surprises that we joined fellow diners on the house wine.
The menu was priced reasonably but there just wasn't anything on it apart from pasta with sauces, to start my first choice of tuna with lima beans was unavailable so I had some Italian cured meats which was basically just taken out of the packet, folded and presented with 2 small bread sticks and olives, no surprises but nothing too exciting - no options to add mozzarella or artichokes or grilled veg etc
My main was basically pasta in a bought in sauce, pleasant in a mid-week tea time way but nothing too exciting.
Chatted to a very friendly waitress who told us that Luigi retired a few years ago and lives next door and somebody else now has the business.
So, in conclusion, if you want a 1960`s style night out then come here, nothing wrong with that but there`s much more out there in modern day Ambleside

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Walked around Ambleside for an hour in the pouring rain one evening trying to find a reasonably priced restaurant. Found Luigi's much to our delight! Really, really, good prices however everything was pasta, I need gluten free food but my poor boyfriend was soaked and starving and loves Italian so I thought what the heck, surely they could make something gluten free. Got a table straight away in a cosy corner (very romantic!) and the waitress (who was lovely, competent and very efficient) told me all the pasta dishes could be gluten free! I could not hide my excitement. Starter of melon and ham so refreshing and delicious, mains were perfect in portion and deliciousness, desserts impressive and moreish. Service was great. Efficient but not rushed, welcoming but not overbearing. Food was SUPERB! It was a perfect evening thanks to Luigi's. Cannot wait to come back next September. THANKS LUIGI'S!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Don't want to be harsh as we could have visited on a bad day but we advise book somewhere else. When we dined, chef was a stand in- really not worth the risk!