“Nice thai meal”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Situated in the heart of the Lake District, the Doi Intanon is Ambleside's premier Thai Restaurant. Since 2000 we have strived to achieve the finest in Thai Cuisine both locally and further afield. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This good thai restaurant is in a nice setting of June old market hall, and has been nicely done out. Good menu with all the typical thai dishes plus some interesting specials. And of course singha beer in no short supply. Recommended.

3  Thank hungry_lurcher

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This restaurant is located in the old market hall and has been tastefully done. Not being mad keen on Thai I was pleased that menu stated that dishes can be spiced up or down if you wish. I had a spiced down Thai green curry which was delicious.

2  Thank Liz2903
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We regularly visit the lake district on walking holidays and this Thai restaurant is on our list of places to eat each and every time. Just when we think we have had the best meal we could ask for, we visit again and it gets better and better each time!!!
The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere relaxing and the smells coming from the kitchen.... out of this world.
We have tried various things from the menu and never been disappointed by our choice. If you're not too keen on hot,spicy food just let the staff know as you order and they are more than willing to tone things down to individual tastes without losing any of the authentic Thai flavours.
All in all we would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone else visiting Ambleside and can't wait for our next visit either!!!!

1  Thank Ali L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the first visit to this restaurant after having looked at it over a number of years. My wife and I both had soup to start with (Hot & Sour) it was delicious, my wife thought it was the best soup she had, had although I wouldn't go that far! For mains I had a Red chicken curry which was very good, my wife had sweet and sour chicken with rice which I have to say was rather disappointing. All in all it was a pleasant meal.

1  Thank frank h
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very relaxing atmosphere. This was our second visit and the food was just as good as last time. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ian49