This is our second visit to The Waterhead. We greatly enjoyed our previous visit & although I did search around online for a different hotel, just to have a change - we agreed that The Waterhead still looked the best option & we were very pleased with our return. The rooms are a very good quality & nicely equipped. The staff appear well-trained & always friendly. I agree that the parking is a potential issue - the hotel state that they will refund you if you have to park in the public car park next door, but that may not be obvious on arrival. As it was very warm during our stay, we had the windows open at night & did have some noise from the road. We find the breakfast very good, with a nice selection of cooked options and efficient service. It is approximately a 15 minute walk to Ambleside & you can get the Windermere boats just across the road. We will definitely be returning again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District